what are u planning on studying in uni (1 Viewer)

kfnmpah

HSC
I'ma do science at Newy, work for a year somewhere (hopefully part time) then do a Dip. Ed. because I want to be a high school science teacher.

Word on tha street is science teaching is in demand, so hopefully I'll have little to no trouble getting a job :)

hbu bretheren?

HSC
N/A
I'ma do science at Newy, work for a year somewhere (hopefully part time) then do a Dip. Ed. because I want to be a high school science teacher.

Word on tha street is science teaching is in demand, so hopefully I'll have little to no trouble getting a job :)

hbu bretheren?
are you planning on being a chemistry teacher in particular? those are really in demand and you will probably get placed at a reasonably good school as well...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Maths teachers are in demand, esp. 4 unit maths teachers...

I am planning to study Commerce (Actuarial Studies)/Science (Mathematics + Statistics) + Diploma of Language (Introductory Japanese A) at UNSW. Hopefully, I can work for investment bank or in stock market =)

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lol i thought this thread name was "are you planning on studying in uni" and i was like WTF wat retard wrote that!!! lol

but in answer to OP questions: hopefully medicine, otherwise adv science =]]]

amirite

HSC
Psychology. Not sure whether clinical or forensic. Probably not a researcher either unless its like criminal research areas.
Ideally I'd like to be a negotiator or a profiler. I like the idea of being able to understand the reasoning behind every step a person makes. Why a person chooses a particular word in their speech or why they paused for a second. I promise ill use it for good and not evil... :eek:
I dont really know how many opportunities there are but if im good enough I should be able to get a job. If im not then I guess its my own fault.

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Course preferences
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) and in International Studies -University of Technology, Sydney, City campus

Bachelor of Arts in Comm (Writing & Cultural Studies) and in International Studies - University of Technology, Sydney, City campus

Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) - University of Technology, Sydney, City campus

Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Writing and Cultural Studies) - University of Technology, Sydney, City campus

Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) - University of Sydney

Bachelor of Media (Communication and Journalism) - UNSW

Bachelor of Business Bachelor of Arts in Int Stds - University of Technology, Sydney, Kuring-gai campus

Bachelor of Business Administration with Bachelor of Arts - Macquarie University, North Ryde campus

Bachelor of Communication - UWS, Penrith campus

That's as it stands at the moment. I'm a chef by trade and really want to get into professional food and travel writing, so I've pretty much based my courses around that. The business degrees are another option I can go into - working for a organisation like Relais & Chateaux or The Leading Hotels of the World in product development or at a providore (delicatessen for the layman) such as Simon Johnson in a product research role. Not sure about the last course, but I am applying as a Mature Age Student and wanted something that was fairly low on the difficulty to get in scales and I can always try and transfer into UTS. Anyway, here's hoping!

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Architecture at USYD :D God, I can't wait!!!

philphie

Banned
HSC
int relations/law to either become a war correspondent, photojournalist or diplomat.

i'd love to live the bachelor lifestyle of a photojournalist going around the world almost geting killed, the money or presitge for it isn't as great as it use to be in the 50s and 60s though, shame...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)