• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What are the essays going to be this year? (1 Viewer)

Girly

Hey, whats everyones opinions on what the essays will be for this year for each of the topics??? Ive been told the eco essay will likely be on management.. anyone agree?? What else does everyone think may be possible areas to concentrate study on?!

Benno

HSC
im hopin for
Eco- human impacts etc
Uraban- Megacitys
Dont care what i get for economic

jackie

i recon management (unless management was in the catholic trial), mega cites and linkages and flows of an economic enerprise.

Ringo

I definitely don't think world cities. I seriously think your large urban centre as a Case Study - i.e. Sydney

apollo

geo is so piss easy i'm not too worried...

but my picks are

evaluation of ecosystem management, or something else to do with human impacts or the need to manage ecosystems

i have this funny suspicion the question will be along the lines of

'evaluate the effectiveness of ecosystem management in two ecosystems you have studied'

megacities for sure - they've done world cities and urban dynamics the last 2 years, mega has never been in there... dont like, not study urban dynamics and world cities though - they can be in the short answers ;\

as for the other secion - i'm doing tourism as an economic activity and to be frank they could ask anything and ill ace, its so piss easy...

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
evaluation of ecosystem management, or something else to do with human impacts or the need to manage ecosystems

i dont think they will ask about human impacts as it have been asked in 2001 or 2002 hsc.

megacities for sure - they've done world cities and urban dynamics the last 2 years, mega has never been in there... dont like, not study urban dynamics and world cities though - they can be in the short answers ;\
i wouldnt be so confident and rely on megacities, because the whole state is waiting for it .i have suspision they will ask on urban dynamics.
something like
" describe changing economic character, nature and location of residential land commercial and industrial development"

leilou70

For some reason I have this idea that the eco question will be on the reasons for ecosystem management.

Like Intrinsic Value and Utility value and all that.

With relation to two ecosystems.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
my teacher last year thought that megacities would crop up in the essays last year..but no they didnt so maybe they will this year. I was so happy that there was not a question on the City that i studied (sydney) for urban dynamics coz i forgot all the crap about it. Management seems like a fairly likely one to appear for ecosystems ....something like: "evaluate the effectiveness of 2 different management strategies...etc.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i have a feeling that they will ask " describe/ explain TWO challenges of living in megacities of the developing world and TWO responces to these challenges"

x_to_tha_z

what about spatial inequalities in a major city in the developed world thats what my teach said it might be

Girly

well im gonna be hoping for ecosystem management; mega city challenges and or responses to the challenges and impacts on or of an economic activity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)