What are some REALLY EASY first/second year commerce subjects? (1 Viewer)

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
Hi fellas, I'm looking to boost my grades this semester and would like to do some easy first year courses. So far I'm looking into MKTG1004, INFS1001, intro to bus laws and some others.

Does anyone have anyone tips & suggestions?

*EDIT* Fun & easy arts subjects would be a-okay too.

Last edited:

kretzy

HSC
Not that I've done any subjects at ANU, but in my experience at Melbourne uni, just about anything with the word 'marketing' in it is usually pretty interesting, easy and 'fun'. Intro to business law is also good, because they keep it pretty basic yet some of the topics you cover - contracts, negligence, trade practices act - are really interesting.

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
Well i generally frown on these practices, I'd classify most first year eco/comm subjects as easy.

Evilo

HSC
epic, do you like the sound of arts subjects? like you reckon you have a nack for them? If so then there are so many "easier" courses to do.

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
rumour said:
PSYC1004 - Very easy subject
Evilo said:
1003 was easier! i did both :)

Oh sweet, okay so I'm looking at PSYC1003 and it says here
"assessment consisted of continuous assessment in the form of laboratory quizzes (40%), laboratory report (25%), research participation (5%) and exam (30%)"

What are Laboratory quizzes and lab reports? do we have tutes in a lab or something? Also is it easy to get a HD if I put a LOT of effort into it?

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
Evilo said:
epic, do you like the sound of arts subjects? like you reckon you have a nack for them? If so then there are so many "easier" courses to do.
Im actually really keen on doing Introduction to Politics POLS1002 and arts subjects are alright as long as they are fun to study.

Evilo

HSC
Epic_Postings said:
Oh sweet, okay so I'm looking at PSYC1003 and it says here
"assessment consisted of continuous assessment in the form of laboratory quizzes (40%), laboratory report (25%), research participation (5%) and exam (30%)"

What are Laboratory quizzes and lab reports? do we have tutes in a lab or something? Also is it easy to get a HD if I put a LOT of effort into it?
40% - They have 8 lab quizzes (or maybe 10 and they choose your best 8) all worth 5%. They are based on the readings for that tute - the idea to force you to read that weeks work and have 'something' to say.
25% - lab report - essentially an assessment task. In our case this was based on an experiment conducted in class, they formulate the results for the whole place and then they make it available online. The report is based on research + results + context to the study (they explain it all for you). To be honest its pretty easy, they breast feed you the basic layout and they even give sentence examples.
5% - Research participation - you are required to help a post grad (or close to) student with their research. You need 3 hours worth - (the testing may not be 3 hours long, so you may need to go to more than one 'testing' session. If you dont agree with being tested they provide an assessment task to be completed instead - this can be a risk.
Remainder% - this is just an end of year exam on everything that has been said. :p

hope this helps

Evilo

HSC
In addition,

The labs are pretty easy if you do the readings - i skim read them half an hour before the tute and usually passed lol. they give you *heaps* of time for the lab report, you can literally start researching after the second week if you like lol. Research is plain boring, but is an easy 5%. Just time consuming. The trick is to do that as early as possible - and if i was you i would try and take it in a big lump - i.e. 3 hrs. (dont do the 30min sessions).
Test is just like any test, and from memory it didnt involve any maths - which was what alot of the course was based on lol (i was shocked)

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
Evilo said:
In addition,

The labs are pretty easy if you do the readings - i skim read them half an hour before the tute and usually passed lol. they give you *heaps* of time for the lab report, you can literally start researching after the second week if you like lol. Research is plain boring, but is an easy 5%. Just time consuming. The trick is to do that as early as possible - and if i was you i would try and take it in a big lump - i.e. 3 hrs. (dont do the 30min sessions).
Test is just like any test, and from memory it didnt involve any maths - which was what alot of the course was based on lol (i was shocked)
this course has maths?

p.s. make love to me

Evilo

HSC
well technically yes, they try and explain the mean, median, etc and go into a bit more detail - most of the people doing a 'real' psyc degree are covering this in statistics anyway so thats probably why they don't test it. I signed up for the course not knowing there was maths, shat myself when i found out, then pulled it back together when i realised it wasnt being tested

rumour

HSC
Evilo said:
1003 was easier! i did both :)
True, except 1003 is more boring. Stats, Cognition...bah! The only interesting part was Biology, <3 Cobie

EDIT: You don't even need to go to the lectures to get a good mark, the lectures for both are videotaped
The final exam is pretty easy for both subjects! 33% of it is multiple choice; the research participation is very easy as well & most of the studies also give out free lollies...lol

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
rumour said:
True, except 1003 is more boring. Stats, Cognition...bah! The only interesting part was Biology, <3 Cobie
haha yeah its true, it was boring. but i got a good mark :) despite the fact i was drunk for half of the lectures. friday morning = teh gay.
Veideo taped? you mean audio recorded?
Cobie, i'll bite my lip lol

rumour

HSC
Evilo said:
haha yeah its true, it was boring. but i got a good mark :) despite the fact i was drunk for half of the lectures. friday morning = teh gay.
Ok I told them both a long time ago. They used to videotape & also audio record the lectures back when I did it.

Yeah about 20 people actually turn up the lectures!

Cobie retired last year :(

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
oh they don't like to video tape them now because ppl don't go to the lectures. They just stick with the usual webct audio recordings (although video would be sick!)

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
Evilo said:
does 1003 have lectures on fridays? :(

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
firstly thanks to you guys :) I've decided to psyc1003 it.

can someone who has done BUSN1002 give me a review of its difficulty please. Is it hard to score a HD and also how 'risky' is it? I'd consider most finance courses with a 70%+ final exam to be pretty risky because if you could fuk a course up pretty good even if you studied hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)