What are some good study guide textbooks for Chem/Bio? (1 Viewer)

Laughable

HSC
I'm considering buying a study guide textbooks for Chem and Bio but I'm unsure which one is the best for studying.

A lot of my friends say Excel is the best but is that even true? I've only tried studying with Excel and Dot Point. I'm not sure what is best so I would like your opinions, everyone!

Also, my teacher has given us a .pdf version of Biology in Focus so I can use that for making notes too. :D

madharris

HSC
N/A
The excel books are amazing for bio and chem (especially bio),

miester

HSC
For chemistry i'd definitely recommend Conquering Chemistry or Macquarie.

Laughable

HSC
Ok I'll consider buying Excel books unless there are any reasons why I shouldn't buy them :S
Ah yes we have Conquering Chemistry at our school but it's a little outdated.
I'll see when more people post on here. :p

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Excel and Macquarie are really good for both bio and chem. Bio in focus is a good textbook also..heaps of info. Sometimes it has some info that is unnecessary but if your following the syllabus dot point then its all good :)

thisiswar

HSC
I'm selling second hand Excel HSC Chem and Bio for $25 if ur interested :D (normally it's $40) i've written on maybe 3 or 4 pages in pencil - my own notes. They're really good coz they put info under each dot point for u so u can make sure u dont miss one =D

PM me if you're interestedd

Also i would recommend NSW Biology HSC Course which is packed with info but goes into ALOT of detail that u dont really need...

carpe_diem

HSC
I do prefer the Macquarie for Bio. I also like the Cambridge for Bio. It is a lot more concise than Macquarie, but that's what I liked about it. I guess Macquarie is easier to understand, but I guess to each their own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)