What are some awards teachers can nominate you for in year 12? (1 Viewer)

hayhay2012

HSC
Hi i didn't apply for an award but one of my teachers told me shed been asked to nominate me for an award and its urgent because it closes soon, but she didnt tell me which award. As much as I hope it is, I'm pretty sure it's not the unsw aaa because I don't know if my school does it and I'm. Sure they wouldn't pick me . But my forte is academics I haven't done tht much community work just my fair share and I'm not an athlete or anything . So what could it be? I do maths English extension , economics, legal studies and SOR 1 and my ranks are all top 2 except advanced English where I am 6th.
Thanks!

hayhay2012

HSC
Hi i didn't apply for an award but one of my teachers told me shed been asked to nominate me for an award and its urgent because it closes soon, but she didnt tell me which award. As much as I hope it is, I'm pretty sure it's not the unsw aaa because I don't know if my school does it and I'm. Sure they wouldn't pick me . But my forte is academics I haven't done tht much community work just my fair share and I'm not an athlete or anything . So what could it be? I do maths English extension , economics, legal studies and SOR 1 and my ranks are all top 2 except advanced English where I am 6th.
Thanks!
BUMP

umad

HSC
probably is UNSW AAA. applications close this week iirc.

hayhay2012

HSC
probably is UNSW AAA. applications close this week iirc.
I hope!! But I think there's someone they would choose over me, and when my dad contacted the principal she passed on the message to my dad that she had no idea about my award. And I thought principal must nominate aaa

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
the teacher nominates the student that wants to go the UNSW as well as an academic person. So it could very possibly be aaa :)

hayhay2012

HSC
the teacher nominates the student that wants to go the UNSW as well as an academic person. So it could very possibly be aaa :)
So does anyone know of an instance where some random teacher nominated a student not the principal since she said she has no knowledge of it?

hayhay2012

HSC
Sorry everyone I'm getting quite worried since it closes on Wednesday and it is so important to me to do comm law at unsw, my family is not rich and I would appreciate the opportunity alot

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I shall tomorrow since I don't think the school
Open today :p what other awards are given out at your school for academic excellence without having to apply?
Sounds like AAA, but I don't want to get your hopes up in case it's not. ANd haha, I know that, but I figured you might have your teacher's email or something to ask lol

hayhay2012

HSC
Sounds like AAA, but I don't want to get your hopes up in case it's not. ANd haha, I know that, but I figured you might have your teacher's email or something to ask lol
Haha I'm not sure who to email and the careers adviser is quite unresponsive! Thank you, I hope it is
If I found out its another award and my school doesn't do the aaa should I ask them to nominate me? Mum said that would be very unhumble

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
So does anyone know of an instance where some random teacher nominated a student not the principal since she said she has no knowledge of it?
Yes I actually do. This happened to my brother. His year advisor nominated him for aaa. All the principal does is sign the forms. He didn't even notice what he was signing it for. When I went back to ask about the scholarship, the principal had no idea what I was talking about. All he remember was signing something...

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Haha I'm not sure who to email and the careers adviser is quite unresponsive! Thank you, I hope it is
If I found out its another award and my school doesn't do the aaa should I ask them to nominate me? Mum said that would be very unhumble
If your school doesn't do aaa, they probably can't nominate you anyway. But if they do, I reckon you should go for it. Unhumble or not you're outta there anyway : D

deswa1

HSC
Yes lol ask the school. If they weren't planning on nominating someone its hardly 'unhumble' to ask. Worst case they say no and you are were you are now- you've got nothing to lose from asking.

hayhay2012

HSC
Yes lol ask the school. If they weren't planning on nominating someone its hardly 'unhumble' to ask. Worst case they say no and you are were you are now- you've got nothing to lose from asking.
Everyone, I got the aaa!! :D thanks for all your help I'm so happy :)

Aysce

HSC
Everyone, I got the aaa!! :D thanks for all your help I'm so happy :)
Congratulations! Assuming you get 95+, you're a shoo in for B Comm/Law :)

(5 bonus points right?)

hayhay2012

HSC
That's amazing! COngrats! It's good because sometimes the person who gets it is not even considering UNSW. So I'm glad you did :)
Yay thanks :) unsw has been the dream for a while.. Now just have to focus on getting that 94.65 :D

hayhay2012

HSC
Congratulations! Assuming you get 95+, you're a shoo in for B Comm/Law :)

(5 bonus points right?)
Yep 94.65 precisely haha thank you :) good luck with your med goal hopefully see you at unsw in the future!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)