What are our options if we fail? (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
What are our options if we fail? I'm not saying you would but in general

What are the options for someone who's original ambition was for Business Or Law degrees, but didn't make the cut off because of the high uai requirement, is there life over OR are there other good pathways

Post up... (exclude enter a different course & transfer option please)

EDIT: Course, i need broader options

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
I'm unsure if I can get into the uni courses I want. So I've applied for Tafe and I think I'd enjoy it. I've applied for a fine arts course and although the course is expensive, it's hands-on and the modules for the course look quite exciting.

You could do something like arts for a year and transfer. I'm unsure about the time - it varies with different unis..I'm guessing that they'd generally be a year until you could transfer. Could you wait that long?

CasaNovo

HSC
N/A
If i don't get into uni, im gonneee.
Hope i do!
Otherwise no idea, tafe i guess.

Benno

HSC
you can always repeat, ive done it! :D

and i think its payed off, i guess i will find out in december!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yea man, if i dont make it into uni - im dead. end of story...

so yeah, like CasaNovo, i hope i get into uni... if not theres always tafe... if not i wanna be on ground force or other home improvement shows :)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
yea man, if i dont make it into uni - im dead. end of story...

so yeah, like CasaNovo, i hope i get into uni... if not theres always tafe... if not i wanna be on ground force or other home improvement shows :)
omg that would be so fun!! but wouldn't you have to do like a horticulture/landscape design type course and a media course before you could get into something like that?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by kokeshi
I'm unsure if I can get into the uni courses I want. So I've applied for Tafe and I think I'd enjoy it.
That's like me. I applied for journalism at uni, but I don't think i've done so well in the HSC so I applied for a News Media course at Tafe. There's always loopholes.

Jenny_Lo

I also want to do Journalism, I applied for it at University. However, I have not applied for a News Media course at Tafe....thanks for the advice mate! I better go do that...lol
I also want to be a teacher and a lawyer....if everything fails I want to do Interior Design at Tafe

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Jenny_Lo
I also want to do Journalism, I applied for it at University. However, I have not applied for a News Media course at Tafe....thanks for the advice mate! I better go do that...lol
I also want to be a teacher and a lawyer....if everything fails I want to do Interior Design at Tafe
Yeah same, i wanted to be a teacher but the pay sucks, and omg all these students with bad attitude you have to deal with :argue: "ahhhhhh" :chainsaw: you be stressed and dead within 10 years

And by the way, registration date for application forms are formally over for now

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
why are you asking for different ways around things if you say dont include a different course or transfer... how else do you expect to get around things..
obviously if you dont get into the course you want you do something else at that uni with a lower uai and then see if you can transfer or go to a uni like UWS which has lower uai's for the course you want and then try to transfew to the uni you want..
if you want to do something really badly you wouldnt care how you get there as long as you get there in the end

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i think ive said this to you before year12.... great minds think alike :D

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
no its not!!!!!!!!!! there are sooooooooooooooooo many ways around things....
besides most of the world is about who you know not what you know anyway...

what do you want to do? ill give you some other options... if i can come up with any... give me what you in terms of course/where as well as job prospects... because there are hundreds of ways you can get into a particular industry

psycho_mushy

HSC
all I can contribute is that the thing you really want, one day you will get....

I found that out in year 10 after continued persistence and determination

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
join ADFA. u wanna be a lawyer? be a laywer with the airforce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)