what are my chances, any sound advice? (1 Viewer)

aleachim

HSC
I am ranked 2/15, 3/7, 9/36, and 13/110-ish in German Continuers, German ext, Ancient History and English 2U, but... Physics and Maths: 37/60, and 97/130-ish. It's a reflection of how little I've done for those subjects and the foolish decisions i made earlier, but that's OK, I've learnt from them.

If I get band 5 in these 2 subjects for the HSC, how much will that boost my UAI? Careers advisor said it's possible to get 95 as a UAI if i do. is it? Do external assessments make or break, or is my fate sealed in stone?

Want to do law, does it matter what uni you go to? (this is going off on a tangent, sorry!!!) If i do arts/psychology/law @ Macquarie and transfer 1st yr to Sydney arts/law or law/international studies what marks are needed? high distionction average?

Sorry for going on a tangent, don't kill me for it!!! :hammer:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
since maths and physics are very good in terms of scaling, then getting band 5 in those would increase your UAI by quite a fair bit. your other ranks are relatively good, so if you ace german cont, ext, ancient and english 2unit (like getting band 6), then i would go with your careers advisor's prediction of 95+. You certainly have the capability to do so.

well everyone knows that usyd law is a class above the rest, although unsw isnt far behind. depending on what you get, for a transfer to law, youll need at least 96 UAI and a distinction average.

cs01001

HSC
Hey jmesta,

A bit off track here, just noticed that you did Geography in HSC 2005, wanna know how hard is it to get a Band 6 in Geography?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
cs01001 said:
Hey jmesta,

A bit off track here, just noticed that you did Geography in HSC 2005, wanna know how hard is it to get a Band 6 in Geography?
if you know your stuff then its pretty easy. Most of the essays are pretty straight forward, and thats where most of the marks are. You kill those essays, then you basically killed the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)