What an easy exam. (1 Viewer)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
The bit that got me with section 1 was the artists practice. I had no idea what to do other than regurgitate what they told us in the plates and crap on about collecting, organising, and re-interpreting.

fli55ity

hmm

I did Frida Kahlo, Cindy Sherman, Tracey Moffat, Ron Muick and Andy Warhol.....and question 6...damn...oh well, hopefully it will be alright and im not at the bottom of the pile of one nasty, bored marker...!
Did you find that question 1c) provided little scope? How much did you all write for it because i dont think i had 12 marks worth....

SyL

HSC
technically Naboo you're not a peeping Tom if it's one of your relatives

RAR! Pretty straightforward exam, I was glad they had no performance art in Sec1*shudder*
I did question 6 aswell because it was broad - spoke about Balla,Bioccini, Kahlo, Duchamp (cos i heart him) Jamie Reid who designed 'God save The Queen' cover for the sex pistols...Warhol and Lichtenstein can't think if i did anymore... kinda mentioned Max Ernst as part of my point on dada. I actually remembered all the dates of the artworks and the movements and quotes by random poets and the artists themselves I'm well chuffed cos my memory is usually appalling...prolly won't be so lucky for S&C tomorrow. Freedom at 4.00!
BTW on a random note who plans to go to BDO- Hives on second announcement (Howlin Pelle woopah)and the D4 methinks! Third announcement better be awesomeness to compensate for the first announcement and Slipknot *vomits* Pink Gr.ease touring soon aswell!

jess pollard 1

Martini said:
but i totally agree with lil_lainy section 1 was such a load of crap
THE WHOLE FRIGGIN EXAM IS A LOAD OF CRAP!! art should be 80% prac, 20% theory, if that. i hate theory so much. stupid art exam... *hmfph!!*

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
yeah i did q 3. it was good. i wrote all about frank gehry and also argued the statement. my teacher reckons u can always refute the statement cos its impressive. she marks papers and artworks. shes pretty good.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well i did question 6 and i discussed the statement giving points why it's true, points why it's not... situations where it can be true etc etc.

PookieMonster

HSC
i wrote 8 pages, used leonardo and rembrandt as an example of commisioned portraits and then i went onto frank gehry and his weisner museum and the building he designed in prague. i also mentioned gilbert and george in refuting the statement as instead of making art they become it.... i went awesome

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Did Question 2. I didn't really know which one to choose for section 2. But 2 seemed to be the one I could incorperate all the artist info stuff.

Overall, not a horrible exam. But I did struggle on the Section 1 thingo on The Louvre.

Glad it's done.

frazzle

HSC
aha yeah, i chose 3 over 6 in the end. and ended up talking more about dadaism vs. performance art more than i talked about the artworks of duchamp and orlan... hmmm

PookieMonster

HSC
frazzle said:
aha yeah, i chose 3 over 6 in the end. and ended up talking more about dadaism vs. performance art more than i talked about the artworks of duchamp and orlan... hmmm
but it was about social relationships and architects.

~*~Karina~*~

I did q5...we did a case study on almost exactly the same thing, so it was pretty easy. I used Louise Hearman, Albert Tucker, George Gittoes, Anselm Kiefer and Peter Booth...I take contemporary art to be art of our era ie mid 1900's onwards, dunno if thats what everyone else thinks, but too bad, thats what i did.
And now...I'm finished!!! No more exams!

tranquilized

HSC
You guys are full of it. that was hard stuff! i did question 10 and used Francesca, Lichtenstein, Onus and Stelarc simply because thats all i knew. i did exactly 8 pages, except every seccond word was crossed out. Section 1 was hard stuff, 'sept part (b) i think was the easiest. For Part (c), i dunno how anyone could talk enough out of the information provided to get 12 marks worth..anyway...time to celebrate, no more exams !!!!!!!!!....to bad im not 18 and all my friends...:(

Martini

gemita said:
The bit that got me with section 1 was the artists practice. I had no idea what to do other than regurgitate what they told us in the plates and crap on about collecting, organising, and re-interpreting.
thank you for recognising this problem!!!! i did exactly the same thing and only wrote 2 pages of really big writting.. way not enough for 12 marks... now im totally stuffed!

cynical

:S I did Question Two, with Titian and DeKooning...
I betcha I totally answered the question wrong. That'd be just like me. :)

CookE

HSC
question 6 - picasso, boccionni and hannah hoch.

bubble_tea

did 5.. used biennale artists..

majority of my class did 5 too.. ^^ heh, its ova! no more art bullshit for the rest of my life!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)