What absurd things have people done in your school due to competition and rivalry? (1 Viewer)

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Re: What absurd things have people done in your school due to competition and rivalry

getting consistent 100%'s in 2U Maths... I ask... do you study... he doesn't at all.
That's just 2U...

Minimum level of maths you can learn in the hsc.

Okashi

HSC
That's just 2U...

Minimum level of maths you can learn in the hsc.
General is the minimum.

I think everyone hates me because I have this natural instinct of not divulging my true mark since Year 7. I also before any exam tell everyone how I did zero study and probably going to fail and subsequently come 1st. No one believes me but I'm seriously good at cramming content, I done it since Year 7. Seems to be wearing off now with English though..

ParraEelz

HSC
Re: What absurd things have people done in your school due to competition and rivalry

Haha sorry to break it to you, but she has a crush on you ;)

I'll share what happened to me recently.

It was a bright summer day and it was pretty damn hot. Considering my school doesn't have air conditioning in any room except the library I decided to go there at lunch so I could get some prep done for Chemistry as well as cool off. As I enter the library, a girl in my Chemistry class is leaving from her free period (study period) and she sees me take out my book for chem. (Context: Last year this girl got top marks in prelim yearly exam and is super competitive). So as I was going into the library, she almost stood in my way and interrogated me. "Why are you going Library at lunch?", my reply was with honesty "Just to cool down a bit and study for the chem assessment as I missed out on some studying last night", she smirked, and said "Aren't you going too hard this year, you must be really dedicated." At this point I was like, what!? It's not as if I want to like demolish you and rip apart your entire life and HSC, and it's not as if I will with 20 minutes of Chemistry study (one of my weakest subjects). Just let me go to the library.

I have way more stories but this one really pissed me off.

Anyways, what's yours?

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC

General is the minimum.
Minimum you can "learn" is standard.

After my 4U exam, to show my friends how convinced I was that I had failed, I took out a book of general math past papers and told them I was dropping down (joking).
Turns out there is no new content for their hsc (that I noticed).

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

Going to school all year, I still see no benefit whatsoever.

I get through the content more effectively on my own. I'll go as far as saying I don't do anything of substance at school.

Snakes galore.

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

1. I purposely write louder during assessments to intimidate people, whilst they are trying to think.
2. Don't tell anyone my good results, and just pretend I under-performed.
3. Pretend I have done no study.
4. Refuse to add my best ideas to class discussions.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

1. I purposely write louder during assessments to intimidate people, whilst they are trying to think.
This

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

Nice! You revealed your tips, helping everyone on this forum to have an easy road to rank one!

obliviousninja4mod

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Nice! You revealed your tips, helping everyone on this forum to have an easy road to rank one!

obliviousninja4mod
Meanwhile, JT145, in exams, is coughing like there is no tomorrow.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Might I add, I also continue writing after examiners say put your pens down, cause I'm a badass and I use a pencil.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

Might I add, I also continue writing after examiners say put your pens down, cause I'm a badass and I use a pencil.

Head's close enough.

madharris

HSC
N/A

I use a pencil
The reason you're supposed to use a pen is so when they photocopy/scan your paper, it will show :p :)

watapple

HSC

who knows what they would do in the real world

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

I cough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)