What a great paper! (1 Viewer)

Jisella

HSC
That was indeed an excellent paper, and for anyone who does Gorbachev for their personality the Cold War questions was sex for them, absolute sex.
as for paper usage... i used two 8 page booklets for every section... bit much me thinks? i think i have paralysis in my hand. hmmm.

punkbabe89

HSC
I personally didn't like the paper much.
Section One was good. Albeit the only thing i actually studied for.
Section Two was okay (South Africa)
Section Three particularly sucked, although that may have been due to my personality (Mandela), who really didn't suit the quote given in part b.
Section Four i really didn't like at all (Indochina).

zaqwerty

HSC
It was an easy paper, but I regret not studying properly.

Section One: Not too bad, but it seems as though other people had better answers :(

Section Two: I did Russia. Reasonably easy question, but it stretched over the whole time period studied? That's harsh. (11 pages)

Section Three: Trotsky. First answer was easy as peasy (4 pages), second answer, I disagreed (4.5 pages)

Section Four: Bleh! Cold War. I studied only the first half of the syllabus in the attempt to cram in more info, and just do the first question. Opened the exam and was happy with (a), but I didn't include the arms/space race! I'm so annoyed! After walking out of the exam I realised what a better answer (b) could have been if I were to study that section, and I could've included historiography. Seems like most people answered (b) though, so this could give me an advantage? (8 pages - completed in 25 mins - what the....?!)

Overall, a reasonable paper, but one I could've done much better in.

zaqwerty

HSC
Marchimmelberg said:
i dunno how to quote n reply but yeah i did 10 for speer part a but i knew it off by heart so i did it in 20 minutes and i finished the exam 10 mins early so it wasnt a waste or anything
Just press the "quote" button underneath the post you want to quote.

Annd I guess I was just surprised by the fact that I wrote 8 pages in 25 mins when that usually takes me about 35 minutes, and also because I finished a whole section in 25 minutes, when usually I go about 5 mins over!

m.i.l

HSC
roryamon said:
Hey. Board of Studies, Modern History regulations state that of your proof/evidence/content within your essay 25%-40% must be quotes. If you do not the highest mark possible is 19/25.
thats rubbish
you dont need quotes- my teacher does hsc marking and you dont.
i get 23/25 all the time without quotes.
chill- u dont.

13thmonkey

Gilliam Stalker
HSC
From what I gather HSC markers abhor over-quoting, and quoting itself should only be used rarely and well, if at all.

TheGlenn

HSC

roryamon

HSC
N/A
Might I suggest that my earlier comment was merely my being facetious and poking fun at the absurdity of "Trentles" question.

goran naumoski

HSC
does BOS rank different question seperately, like if one conflict question was harder, do they scale that particular question up? ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)