Were you born in the country of the language you are studying? (1 Viewer)

Were u born in the country of the language u study?

• Yes

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Yes- But i came here very young

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 69.1%

• Total voters

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
It sucks having the people who like came here after the age of 5 so they are already good at speaking anyway and during exams and stuff i gotta look so many words up *sigh

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
yeah same. thats what i found when i did veitnamese in eyar 11. i dropped it because not only the early start but there were so many international students that started pouring in. though i remained in the top class for normal 7-10.. i didnt top it in any year, but i was well educated in Viet fro my age. so they just pushed me up.
but yeah, it was mainly the FOBS.. us aussie ankle biters were kicked up the ass by them .. but we kicked their asses in the english part.. our syylabus has changed to cater for people like me, who were born in australia who want to study it. they ask the questions in enlgish and you have to answer in viet. that was the only they sucked in.. understanding the english :D and our problem was writing ideas in "english sentences" in vietnamese for it to make proper sense!

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
meh i came here young, 3yo and dont noe a cent of mando *dont intend to either, cant b stuffed*

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
meh i came here young, 3yo and dont noe a cent of mando *dont intend to either, cant b stuffed*
why...?? its ur home language

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
but we kicked their asses in the english part.. our syylabus has changed to cater for people like me, who were born in australia who want to study it. they ask the questions in enlgish and you have to answer in viet. that was the only they sucked in.. understanding the english :D and our problem was writing ideas in "english sentences" in vietnamese for it to make proper sense!
yeah, people born in the other countries find that part hard, giving them a slight disadvantage in that part

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it won't screw your uai. it's like that for all languages, it's just something that happens. and often aussies are the ones to top the languages anyway.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
jsut learn to speak then~~
writing is diff tho... way too hard to learn

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yeh.. well its probly one of the hardest languages to learn seeing as though they use symbols n stuff

Banana

moni the reason why most of us did the languages is coz we had to learn ... what goods and import gonna do learning a language that they know so well ... unless they wanna get easy marks

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hahahaha... what about ana.. shes an import and she knows it ten times as much as we do..
i didnt have to go to cro school for hsc though.. i chose to cuz i love u all lol

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
yep.. i totaly agree

but yeh speaking ur language n not being able to write it must be a pain in the butt...
it pisses me off how some people can speak spanish alot better than me but wen it comes to writting they cant spell so i cant understand what they are trying to say

lie.xiao.na

HSC
well i guess...since i learn english i was born in the country of the language im studying, but i wasnt born in china, france, japan or indonesia (i study them too..), so i guess it doesnt count..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)