Went down to Canberra today.. (1 Viewer)

c_eagle

HSC
I was sold. It was alot better than I imagined it could be. My mates and I had a great day (the weather, the friendly and down to earth people and a free feed :p ) and it helped tip the scales. It is looking increasingly likely that I will end up at ANU.

For those of you who came down, did you get a similar impression or come out of the day with the same sort of enthusiasm?

p.s. Bruce Hall wins the battle in my book :uhhuh:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I went down as well, and I have to say I too was very impressed, there was plenty of information (and as u said, food!) the people were really friendly. I was always going to go down, but this has just reinforced by want to go.

I liked Ursula Hall, it was very quirky (B&G was allrite as well)

Blackalicious

HSC
i was impressed as well, nice people, free food, weather wasnt bad and brilliant Uni.
Hopefully i get in next year!

Rory

HSC
heh yeh I went down to Canberra for a week so I could go to the ANU and UC open days and I love them both, even my brothers are now considering ANU and UC since they came with me to the open day, I think I liked Urusla Hall the most.

c_eagle

HSC
Rory said:
heh yeh I went down to Canberra for a week so I could go to the ANU and UC open days and I love them both, even my brothers are now considering ANU and UC since they came with me to the open day, I think I liked Urusla Hall the most.
Every college/hall I went in said bad things about Ursies so I didn't even take a look. Now I regret being a puppet.

I'm surprised you took an entire week off just to go to Canberra, how does UC compare to ANU?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
UC is a "big TAFE" ;)

Rory

HSC
c_eagle said:
Every college/hall I went in said bad things about Ursies so I didn't even take a look. Now I regret being a puppet.

I'm surprised you took an entire week off just to go to Canberra, how does UC compare to ANU?
I had the week to spare so we used it as an excuse to take a holiday away from shit, gave us a chance to see my bros (they both live in Canberra now) and my neice and sis in law, heh.

In reference to how the unis compare, it's hard to say, I really like them both, but my overall choice would be UC, mainly because I prefer the course options there and whatnot. Although the ANU campus is pretty impressive, but for some reason I just liked it better walking around UC, don't really know why but it just gave off a nicer vibe for me, even my brothers decided they prefer UC over ANU, but they both look like really good places to study, I think mainly you'd take into consideration your satisfaction with the courses.

Rory

HSC
googy_1985 said:
What course are you & your brother interested in doing?

Casey
I want to do journalism/law. My eldest brother wants to transfer his Law from UNE (which he's doing via corresepondence) and my other brother wants to do history and teaching (but to do that he has to do like..history at ANU and the teaching at UC..at least thats what they told us at the open day).

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
c_eagle said:
p.s. Bruce Hall wins the battle in my book :uhhuh:
obviously a very intelligent person :), plus we have the coolest people ever! ;) such as myself!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)