Well, how do we all feel? (1 Viewer)

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
24 hours 'til the exam... Are we confident? Or freaking out? Or do we not give a toss about it at all and just want to get it over with?

cassie8

its my last exam and my worst exam so i dont care really but then again i still do and i just dont know where to stay studying i havent touched anything since august!! eeep! and when my best mark for listening is 14 /25 you cant really do well if you cant improve your listening skills!! i figure il be in france in deceber and id rather learn then then listen to a stupid cassette
x
gracie

k_i_mm_i

HSC
Yay I'm excited and a bit anxious. A bit scared of the listening.
2nd last exam!....This HSC has been such a drag...there's one month between my first and last exam
Bonne chance a tout le monde! Courage! nous allons tous reussir!!

SuperDuperMicky

HSC
I'm hoping to borrow one of my french teachers for a few hours of solid revision tomorrow, hahaha...

cranberries

show Pony
HSC
N/A
i'm worried bout listening, its the whole 'one chance to get the answer' thing...well, two chances i guess but once the tapes over, its over!

i haven't even looked at extension yet. one week should be enough to study for it right? Right. :)

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
Salut TLM, moi, je ne suis pas forte dans writing pt I-descriptive writing. Y-a-t-il quelquechose/exercise je peux faire ce soir ou un liste de bon vocabulaire que quelq'un veut me montre?
Merci beaucoup

malkin86

HSC
Nous avons faisons les devoirs, donc, nous serions bonne. :) C'est l'anniversaire de mon pere aujourd'hui, donc ma famille et moi sont sortons pour prendre le diner... I hope I don't embarrass myself by talking in French or anything!

chepas

HSC
nondil said:
well im confident... stressed like hell for extension tho, anyone here do extension french??
continuers should be ok tho.... we'll see
Scared shitless about extension. Argh and a half.

I feel OK about tomorrow. Not good, not bad, but OK. I just want it to be over. I wish it was a mroning exam so we're not wasting the day away chewing on our fingernails.

Let's look at it this way. We know all we know, and we can only do what we can, and what we can is going to be good! Like that scene in a movie or TV show, whose name I forget "YES, I, CAN!!!".

HAPPY BIRHTDAY MALKIN'S DAD!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
:eek: <---- Pre-exam, quivering with fear.

Expression I shall be wearing during the entire Listening Exam. ----->:confused:

:mad: <--------Post-exam expression prediction.

:uhhuh:

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
haha.

i agree with chepas, i wish it was a morning exam. why does it have to finish at 5pm grr. im going to be a massive bundle of nerves by the time it starts lol.

at least i know i can do well in this, but again i agree with chepas, extension..... yuck
but that is a battle to be fought another day

tomorrow however..
*draws his sword*
die french continuers....

ah im so not feeling well at the moment haha....

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
lol u extension ppl wud own this exam, im not too worried bout it coz when i care about french i fuk it up, but when im relaxed and jus know my stuff then id b alrite...so yeh good luck 2 evry1 2morrow, i doubt yall will need it...its my last exam :D:D

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
last exam eh? lucky u
unfortuneatly or fortuneatly, depending which way u look at it, i dont finish HSC untill 2005, im just accelerated in french.

its annoying hanging around with people who are talking about uni when ive got another year to go haha

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
French is my best subject, and the one I like the most, so I'm not as stressed as I was for other ones (ie. English).

I'm finding it hard to 'study' for the writing section. Is anyone writing out practice essays? Cos all i'm doing is reading over reprise and trying to get some of the more advanced grammatical structures etched into my brain...

quant a the listening section, i'm listening to french radio on the net. Some stations are more helpful than others, some of the people talk way too fast!! And I have to change the channel whenever music comes on or when ads come on, eg the one now (French equivalent of Bananaboat..doo doo doo doo doo).

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
french is one of my top subjects as well.

hmm for the writing section, i find the best thing to do is write. these last couple of days ive been doing 2 writing compositions a day and getting my french teacher to mark them and give me feed back, then i go over the corrections and find another one and do it. practice makes perfect.. helps me ALOT

for listening, i managed to borrow 2001/2 and 3 listening HSC tapes off my french teacher and photocopy the papers, and as before i handed them back to my teacher for marking. god i love my teacher, shes AMAZING. :)

chepas

HSC
nondil said:
im just accelerated in french.
One of the girls I know from Open High is doing French and Extension accelerated. I have no idea how. But she's native though :rolleyes:.

Kazuya said:
And I have to change the channel whenever music comes on or when ads come on, eg the one now
Really? I find that music actually helps me remember new and weird vocab, cos it's in the songs mdr. I listen to a lot of québécois music, so it's probably not so good learning their sort of argot, cos it's probably just not generally understood in the rest of the Francophonie, but anyway - I got caught out today when I gave some practice responses to my French teacher and I used this maaaajorly québécois usage with 'prendre' and 'une bedaine'... :(.

French is my best subject as well :rolleyes:.... By far. This, 3U and German are the only subjects I care about in doing well, cos English automatically went to l'enfer for me. Music was just stagnant as well...

BRING ON TOMORROW, LET IT SHINE LIKE THE SUN COMING UP ON A BEAUTIFUL DAY IT'S YOURS AND MINE. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IT'S NOT TO LATE. BRING ON TOMORROW. WE CAN'T WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIT.

- Bring on Tomorrow, from the musical 'Fame'.

Good idea on past papers etc for tomorrow. Cram as much as you can so you get into the mode (but that might not be good advice - sitting still and cramping hand up for 6 hours in a day might be bad, and might effect your performance in the real thing! Don't listen to me..... :rolleyes:.

I shall finish this post with another quote, this time from Ms Cathcart, Marsden High's drama teacher:

You all have the potential to do your best.

chepas

HSC
kimmi said:
where is the french radio??!
You can listen to the previous day's SBS French programme at www.sbs.com.au/french

I personally like www.rockdetente.com for the beloved Québécois music and oh-so-sexy accent.

Check out www.surfmusic.de for a LONG list of French as in France radio stations, under Europe - France. You should find one to your taste.

News - www.rfi.fr (Radio France Internationale)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)