Welcome (1 Viewer)

bini_bung

HSC
I agree when you al say that people are working harding now. I'm quite proud of myself for the amount of effort I'm putting into my work this year. What really annoys me is that some of my really good friends don't really listen in class and are kinda disctracting and she knows it too. Oh well, guess I'll just have to work around that somehow.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Guernica said:
Yay we're too cool. We've now moved into the big part of the forum. How coolness.
......and all the individual subject forums... and maybe the uai guidance and counsel
yay!!

Guys. Study hard and do your best!!

Hopefully at the end of next year, the Board Of Studies will send you a very nice christmas gift, with lots of love, by mail. Stay there and check your letter box!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
......and all the individual subject forums... and maybe the uai guidance and counsel
yay!!
Well, any subject forum not listed under the 2005 Exam thoughts in the scroll bar at the bottom of this page is not ours but for the current year 12's cramming purposes.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
kami said:
study smart instead of hard, start your work early and never sacrafice your health or who you are for a few silly letters and marks. Good luck in your year ahead!:)
Best advice I have seen yet kami :).

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
kami said:
Hey 06ers! Just some advice for the year ahead - study smart instead of hard, start your work early and never sacrafice your health or who you are for a few silly letters and marks. Good luck in your year ahead!:)
Couldn't be said any simpler.
The year 11 forum is truly dead! Goodbye year 11!

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
We can say goodbye to yesterday and grab your crotch or what-not and bask in the sun as you know you have succeeded well with your studies. :)

Nam - Think and Study Smarter, Not Think and Study Harder. I wish you all luck, try your best for what you want and in the end, you will become a new person for not only society, but yourself. :)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Heres to a tip:

Scab every single last mark you can.. do not let a single opportunity slip!

'till then, all the best.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
i wish i wasn't
>>> but
>>> im freaking out!!!
*cries* :(

ishq

brown?
HSC
I was a crammer, and I don't recommend it.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The last resort you should do is cram, not cramming is worse, because it means you have not studied at all and will get crap marks.

HSC
goan_crazy said:
Hey Class of 06
Welcome to the HSC
It will be a long and tough "journey"
and believe me, you will hate that word by the end of it :p
Some advice: Enjoy the summer holidays, because the next ones, you will be studying for your half yearlies, the ones after that you will have assessment overload and the ones after those you will be studying for your trials
I'm not saying do nothing. Look at your syllabus', start making notes for the term you will complete (in december 05). By the time half yearlies come, ull be amazed how much u will have learnt! So yeah, try and do your notes as you go. But its impossible when you are bombarded with assessments as you will soon discover...
But just do your best, try and get the best ranking you can because marks don't really matter, but ranks do!
Advice: TRY-keyword there TRY and start your assessments as soon as possible. Don't leave them to the last minute because when it comes to having to do 3 or 4 in one week, it becomes quite hectic

anyway, enjoy the journey year 12 06
Year 12 has been one of my best years, So many memories and "good times" - key quote of yr12 05 at my school
hehe

anyway good luck all
Goan_crazy

whats that about ranks matter, not the mark... ??

tennille

HSC
allthatglitters said:
whats that about ranks matter, not the mark... ??
If you are coming first in a subject throughout the year, the HSC assessment mark you receive will be the highest HSC mark received in your school for that subject. Your HSC exam mark is your own exam mark. That is why ranks matter.

Last edited:

ane_st

HSC
i use to take preliminary year as just like a bit of a practice... i always do things beta when i do them twice... so far ive gotten 4 assessments back and ive gotten 90+% for 3 of them... ive actually started trying and alot of my friends keep saying 'we'll start next year', and they prob wont... if any1 doesnt try, then they have no reason being at school, nobody is forcing them, if your parents are, then you might as wel make the most of it :)

HSC
Tennille said:
If you are coming first in a subject throughout the year, the HSC assessment mark you receive will be the highest HSC mark received in your school for that subject. Your HSC exam mark is your own exam mark. If you are coming fifth in a subject, the HSC assessment mark you receive will be the fifth highest HSC exam mark received at your school. That is why ranks matter.

so if dont get such a good rank, but still good marks.. am i disadvantaged?

tennille

HSC
My statement that you quoted is only true if you are coming first in a subject. According to Physician:

physician said:
U will receive the 5th highest moderated assessment mark, however, this won't be the 5th highest HSC exam mark received at ur school. What uve stated only applies to 1st place, being 1st u aren't affected by ur class's performance for a particular subject therefore ur internal assessment mark will be the highest HSC exam mark obtained at ur school, this is not the case for everyone else, although as I said, u do end up with the 5th highest assessment mark, which doesnt mean u end up with the 5th highest HSC examination mark as ur assessment mark.
As for your question, I'm not quite sure. Ranks are important because some schools mark much easier than others. It really depends what type of school you go to.

Last edited:
HSC
I go to a large public school, about 150 in my year,... it doesn't sound like an entirely fair system to me. I recently moved to the city, from a country public school where since there is not as many people it was relatively easy coming first

sexy_italian

Along the Rainbow and under the stars where the fa
HSC
mann i'm sooo nervous about this year i know what i'm like i will be all pumped and stuff like i'm gonna try real hard and work heaps and then when i get there i will do nothing and leave assignments to the night before and not study for exams and get like 30 for my uai and my hsc mark being like 20 or somthing horrible like that depressing.

vicious_boo

Who ate my face cake?
HSC
I really can't wait to finish this year...I think it will be good...a lot of pressure, but everyone who completes year 12 always tells me that no matter what eventuated, they really enjoyed it. However, it's really quite sad to think in 3 terms, I won't be attending highschool anymore...especially considering how fast year 11 went. It's so crazy! But I think it will be a good year...goodluck to everyone, I'm sure you will all go fine, don't stress and remember to have fun okies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)