Welcome to the new subforum (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Welcome to the newly created subforum for the 2006 and onwards core study of the cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum

Eumachia

HSC
Pompeii and Herculaneum

Interested to hear from people who have discovered useful texts and materials for P&H core. We were using Bradley in class until a friend put me onto the Brennan/Lazer book which is just so cool, and made me see that the Bradley is crap and 20 years out of date. But there must be heaps of great stuff out there. Our teacher doesn't have a clue about any of this and has only taught modern. Where is a good bookshop for this type of stuff ?? Any help???

Gummy_bear

HSC
I wish pompeii was our corse study in 2005, its so interesting. My dad has a little book that has heaps of pictures of all the people and stuff, he got it when he went there as a kid.
You 2006ers are so lucky! This would be so great to have as HSC, something actually really interesting!

You lucky ducks!

silence...

I'm voting for Dukakis.
HSC
I'm doing Pompeii and so far finding it difficault. My teacher for this subject doesnt see very confident with it and keeps contradicting herself when shes teaching so I've been turning to the textbook. I have an assessment task on Pompeiian religion but its so hard to find good sources. Does anyone have some books/sources to reccomend?

J e S s

HSC
anyone have any suggestions on where to look for info on the influence of Greek and Egyptian cultures (art, architecture and religion) - particularly art and architecture? -- it would be much appreciated!

katemcquiggin

HSC
i cant stand this topic! you would think it was really interesting but its not! I am trying to do notes for it and am not enthused!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)