Welcome to Faculty of Commerce and Economics (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by jpr333
Hmmm read somewhere the requirements for a transfer into law perhaps (?) at Syd Uni was 50/50 (UAI/GPA) 25/75 NSW. Off the topic a bit, but seeing the 50/50 for nsw Minai you mentioned is only for the Commerce/Economics Faculty? Just need to clarify this
The 50/50 thing is universal for all uni's, its the standard UAC uses when u apply to them for transfer

Originally posted by zaijan_85
Is it true dat u can combine n e 2 degrees together once u get into ur chosen uni????
no, u can only combine into what they let u - check your UAC guide

mnbvc

Originally posted by Minai
With a BCom/BArts or BCom/BSocSci, u can double major in Commerce and single major in Arts (3 majors all up)
but in a BCom/BScience, or BCom/BEngineering, u can only do a single major for each degree

so u cant do a double major if u wanna do comm/law?

mnbvc

haha ooh thanx guys...and just another thing, can you do honours with any degree? like if i major in accounting can i do honours for that?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yeah, pretty sure u can, although the relevant uni website should have information of which major u can continue into for postgrad study

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by mnbvc
haha ooh thanx guys...and just another thing, can you do honours with any degree? like if i major in accounting can i do honours for that?
at UNSW, for a BCom, u can apply for an Honours year, provided u get at least 71% average in Level 2 and Level 3 courses in that particular major, in:
Accounting
Finance
HRM
Industrial Relations
Info Sys
International Business
Marketing

and for a BEc
Economics
Econometrics
Eco History
Financial Economics

mnbvc

Originally posted by Minai
at UNSW, for a BCom, u can apply for an Honours year, provided u get at least 71% average in Level 2 and Level 3 courses in that particular major,
what is level 2 and level 3 courses?

milktea

hi i was wondering if i want to do actuarial and computer science combined at UNSW, should i apply for b commerce or b commerce/b science?

kt san

hey cut off is 96...wow just go in with a 96.25
but i dun noe wat i wanna do with a b com/b arts
i think i noe wat majors i want
but i dun think i wat i can become
my only clue is on da spot interpreting (good pay)
but then i dun noe if financing is better
or international business?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm if u dont know, just pick accounting - its a good major that essentially guarantee's u a job - especially if u are a UNSW graduate

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
out of all 3 core subjects in 1st year u have to do - accounting is probably the least boring. Economics was 'zzzzz' and Maths was just annoying

santaslayer

HSC
hey is there any point in applying for an honours year if u wanna major in accounting?...i heard ppl tell me that honours are useless for accounting?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, if u want to become an academic, then u need honours and masters
U can do an honours year out of interest, and to gain extra research skills. It would probably be most helpful if u worked in audit related positions.
But yeah, other than that, u may as well not do Honours for accounting

frazzle

HSC
Commerce sound so scary, because everyone is doing accounting/finance... I really don't like that aspect of it, but I'm interested in Marketing. how similar/different are the majors?

I don't know much about commerce at all, because I've been set to do design (at CoFA). Now I want to do a combined degree with marketing and design, but i don't think that is possible *sigh*

is anyone doing, or does anyone want to do marketing?

any help here would be appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)