Weird weightings for Trials?? (1 Viewer)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Is anyone else's school doing this?

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 10.42.35 am.png

Our school is putting all the focus on our Mod B (since we've learnt it this term) rather than having equal weighting for each module and section like a normal trial... Now we are all concerned about putting all our effort into Mod B and ignoring things like common mod, since it only accounts for 2.5% of our internal English...

Please help?

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I have no clue what to focus on, and I still need to memorise most of my essays

MJRey

HSC
That's stuffed, but be warned about memorising essays. Just go in with an open mind so you can adapt your ideas to any question rather than having a preprepared response that doesn't match the question.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
That's stuffed, but be warned about memorising essays. Just go in with an open mind so you can adapt your ideas to any question rather than having a preprepared response that doesn't match the question.
Well either way I still need to understand my essays - and going over them as if I were memorising would still help

But yes I see what you're saying

carrotsss

HSC
yeah we have the same thing but module C is weighted 15% instead, it sucks so much im so bad at mod C

HSC
So should you only memorise the structure as well as the quote and analysis parts of the essay and then mould the rest of it in relation to the question?

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
yeah we have the same thing but module C is weighted 15% instead, it sucks so much im so bad at mod C
yes, same but at least your mod c wasn't 20% of your internals like ours was. I hate how my task 1 and 3 are 20%, and 30% task 2 and then the trials are only 30% and its 5 times as much so each section isn't even worth that much in comparison to task 1, 2, and 3

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
yes, same but at least your mod c wasn't 20% of your internals like ours was. I hate how my task 1 and 3 are 20%, and 30% task 2 and then the trials are only 30% and its 5 times as much so each section isn't even worth that much in comparison to task 1, 2, and 3
I'm pretty sure we had this:
Common modMod AMod CTrials
25%25%20%30%

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
and we're only doing one trial for english (so 1 paper 1 and 1 paper 2) so if we mess them up we're dead
Wdym one trial? Everyone has paper 1 on one day and then paper 2 on the next - is that not what you do? Do you do both on one day? 😲

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Wdym one trial? Everyone has paper 1 on one day and then paper 2 on the next - is that not what you do? Do you do both on one day? 😲
no like in our school we do 2 sets of trials, so we do the CSSA trials and our own independent trials, so one would be 30% and the other 35%, but now they said we're only doing CSSA which is 60%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)