Weekend jobs (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
What's the likelihood of getting a job that only involves working weekends (apart from bar work and so on)? OR work with very flexible hours

My timetable this semester is kind of all over the place and it's making it difficult to commit to shifts at my current job. I have one day free during the week which is fine for now but it will soon be taken up by a fieldwork placement that I have to do to pass one of my subjects. This will take some weeks, and then I go on prac (teaching) for a month at the end of semester. My current workplace doesn't operate on weekends hence my question.

So yeah. Any ideas? I'm gonna apply for the usual woolies, retail etc jobs, call centre work and so on, just if anyone knows what kind of place is better in this regard

thanks guyz

onholidays

HSC
Tutoring of course! Or work at a restaurant where you would just be required to work in the evenings.

cassieagill

HSC
not much likelyhood of only getting weekends...you could work retail or hospitality but only if you are able to commit to evening shifts

Kiim2507

HSC
I work at KFC and they are really really flexible with hours. I think most fast food places would be.
I used to work at Coles and I only worked on Saturdays.
When you apply just explain your situation and that you can only work on weekends. No point getting a job only to find out it clashes with your timetable.

HSC
Places like Woolies, Coles etc are excellent places.

Plenty of people at my store only work Saturdays. If you have a day available, even if its just once in a while, you can say "I'm available, if you want someone to cover, call me".

Only problem is that many of these stores can be quite hard to get into, in terms of when and where jobs are advertised. If you want money quick go for somewhere like KFC etc, where there's no staff at all.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Small restaurants are great, as most don't get the numbers to require additional workers during the week. Which means you'll probably get Friday nights, Saturdays, and Morn-Lunch Sundays.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Clubs and RSLs and stuff might take people for weekends only- I got my job with a friday, saturday, sunday availability.

Places which have their peak on friday and saturday night always need more people for the weekend.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you want to do bars or restaurants, get your RSA. Makes the task so much easier.

kooltrainer

HSC
i see ads in papers etc.. and most of them are like weekends including weekdays.. really hard to find.. but i no my friend works in this sushi place one day a week..

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Sometimes small business retailers will employ people only on a Saturday or Sunday, for example my sister only works Sundays. A lot of retailers will want you to do Thursday night trade as well though, but not all of them.

Real estate agents also tend to hire receptionists just for the weekend, my mate was a Sunday receptionist at one.

Kelsey54

HSC
N/A
Nobody looks forward to the idea of searching for a job, and the majority of us really want all the help we can get. After being jobless recently I netted a really awesome job after visiting the site in the box below and following their helpful advice for a couple of weeks. give it a try, it certainly helped me. Free job search

TheStallion

HSC
I work at Coles, and even though on the application originally I said I could work 4/7 days a week, at the start of each week, we ring our manager to organise what days we work for that week.

It's extremely flexible, and despite the crap of 4/7 a week on my application, I only work 2-3, and the manager doesn't give a shit.

Kiim2507

HSC
Sometimes small business retailers will employ people only on a Saturday or Sunday, for example my sister only works Sundays. A lot of retailers will want you to do Thursday night trade as well though, but not all of them.

Real estate agents also tend to hire receptionists just for the weekend, my mate was a Sunday receptionist at one.
Oh yeah my friend works at a real estate and just works as a receptionist on saturdays for like 6 hours. It's because they're always running in and out the office with open for inspections and what not and their full time receptionist only works during the week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)