Week of Craziness! (1 Viewer)

Jinglebell

HSC
So it's week 14, what does everyone have due?

Who's planning on at least one all-nighter this week to write essays?

Anyone disgustingly organised and not panicking at this point?

Share your stories, make me feel less alone in my last minute stress!

For my part, I'd like to express how much it was NOT a good idea to pick two hard subjects on Wednesdays, ensuring that I have 4000+ words of essay due that day...for a procrastinator such as myself, I'm not envisioning sleep tomorrow night:p

HSC
OMG! I know how you feel!

Not only do i have to submit my (late) bibliography for Contemporary Cultures by tonight, There's the CIE thing due wednesday and two assessments totalling probably 50% for Social Inquiry.

And I'm going overseas that night. And haven't packed anything.

Why do i do this to myself? :(

HOORAY FOR CAFFEINE!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I have a 50% essay and a 30% "take home test" to go, so not too bad. PLus they aren't due until next week because they gave us extensions! Last week was kind of hellish, where I had a 50% essay, 30% feature article and 20% presentation all due on the same day though, I think I am still recovering.

aliciat

HSC
I'm still doing my CIE essay now. And it's due in.... 12 hours? I had the entire weekend! But nooooooo! I just had to completely waste it.

Maybe I should start next semester's essays in the first few weeks. *sigh* I should stop procrastinating now.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
aliciat said:
Maybe I should start next semester's essays in the first few weeks. *sigh* I should stop procrastinating now.
ROFL.... everyone says that they will do that, but trust me, next semester you will still be writing your essays at the very last minute, that's the way it goes!

aliciat

HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
ROFL.... everyone says that they will do that, but trust me, next semester you will still be writing your essays at the very last minute, that's the way it goes!
LOL yes, it will end in last minute-ness. AND OMG CIE ESSAY DUE TOMMOROW INSTEAD OF TODAY! I had four hours of sleep last night.

I must have offended the essay gods somehow.

Jinglebell

HSC
Woohoo, all finished...and before 3.30am too, much better than I was expecting:p I even get a nap before I have to get up to hand all this stuff in!

HSC
still doing CIE essay. 3:20am.

only 1500 words to go! *smacks self in head... repeatedly*

CIE tutor: "i'm prepared to fail any of you."

YAY!

Last edited:
HSC
4:00am.

written 50 more words. 1450 to go!

...is it hard to fake your own death?

HSC
Urgh... that CIE essay was the biggest piece of shit i've ever written.
I barely had an argument, it felt like I was going around in circles, and referencing a billion books i can vaguely remember reading.

C'mon... pass conceded... *crosses fingers*

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Don't worry you will probably pass.

Grrr I still have a big essay to write, and I don't even understand what it is on. It is due in a week, and I have a take home (haha humanities is funny) test to do as well this week. This essay is going to be a colossal effort, and I will probably get a shit grade :( It's for a third year subject that I am doing now so I can go on exchange if I want next year.

Jinglebell

HSC
And being a journo subject and not a social inquiry subject, i guess it's probably necessary to have something of a clue what you're writing in that dreaded essay:p I feel for you Ash!

Meanwhile, my extreme relief at finishing everything resulted in my stupid self returning a book from my local library to the uni library...I'm going to beg for it back today *crosses fingers*...who owulda thought returning library books on 3 hours sleep would be dangerous?:)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Libraries are dangerous.... a girl in one of my classes has so many fines at so many libraries that she can no longer borrow books for her assignments LOL.

So far this semester I have only accrued $1 of fines..... that is a pretty good effort.... last year I sat on $29 for ages haha and then the fines got wiped at the end of the year so I didn't have to pay!

Jinglebell

HSC
Having only borrowed two books this semester, I haven't managed to get any fines yet, and I only had a few dollars worth last year...but I find it hilarious near the end of the year when everyone is scared to even walk into the library in case they get tackled by some sort of library SWAT unit and have to pay their $50 worth of fines:p

somechick

HSC
N/A
lol

surprisingly having spent the whole of my hsc worrying about work, this year hasn't been so bad so far (knock on wood). its very strange having to an essay finished not the night or day its due.
neways libraries should all die
i paid $40 worth of fees for these bloody assessments from macquaire library, owe $30 at uts and another god knows what at the other ones.
its not as if someone else is dying for like, "globalisation: reader" or something why FIVE DOLLARS A FREAKIN DAY!!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Sometimes the books get recalled when you have them, or other people want them so you can't reborrow. Sometimes library books are just easily forgotten about!

somechick

HSC
N/A
braindrainedAsh said:
Sometimes the books get recalled when you have them, or other people want them so you can't reborrow. Sometimes library books are just easily forgotten about!

*nods*
uhuh!!!

HSC
Can somebody tell me when the results are on UTS Online?

I'm waaay too lazy to check it every day, like a desperate nerd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)