• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Week-o (1 Viewer)

Joel8945

HSC
Hey guys,

Week-o is tomorrow. :D

This is a thread for people to discuss how they found week-o (Whether they have made friends, what clubs they joined (Why?), etc).

I can't wait to start week-o (and my degree)!:D

turtleking

HSC
Hey guys,

Week-o is tomorrow. :D

This is a thread for people to discuss how they found week-o (Whether they have made friends, what clubs they joined (Why?), etc).

I can't wait to start week-o (and my degree)!:D
I love O-week, i havn't actually finishished the HSC yet, but went with my sister to the last couple of oweks at CSU wagga. Love the pub crawls, nudie runs, luv everything about it. Sex drugs and rock&roll, that's what oweek is!!! and i joined th chess club lol, hot ppl in that one.

gcspsp

HSC
my host group sucked...first day was boring!!

only thing goos was the fact that i got to perv on all the action!

anyone doing E-trip?

Joel8945

HSC
The host group programs themselves were 'BORING'! Our host was more an actuary student than a science student, nobody did engineering and only a few did maths and physics (Is it me or does everybody want to do life sciences?).

My host bagged the engineering buildings and praised the law buildings (damn lawyers always get the best).

On the bright side I got to see the bookshop (Stayed in there for over an hour just looking at text books, cool physics books (i.e. string theory for dummies) and all of the cool stationery. I got to use the computers in the Baillieu library whilst just noticing how filthy the keyboards were. I also loved recieving freebies (such as pens, a water bottle, 5 mini cans of coke and useless information that will be binned). I also hope to win that I-touch (Its so annoying seeing all those cool apple products in the 'next byte' shop).

chocchipfox

HSC
First day was boringgg, we just did the intro thing about ourselves then did a tour around the campus. And then whilst people were lining up for pancakes, me and my friend just walked off and we lost our group completely :devil:
Didn't make any new friends at all cause I was stuck with my high school buddy and I was too shy to talk to anyone else, lol >.> I hope the rest of the week goes well :)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
On the bright side I got to see the bookshop (Stayed in there for over an hour just looking at text books,

Had some science camp-esque program in the holidays at melbourne Uni and went to the bookshop. Holy shit it's awesome as.

gcspsp

HSC
Yay we had subject intros today! ESD sounds fkn awesome, apart from the whole gay journal thing...Chemistry looks like it will be requiring some serious input though :(

But I am completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of exremely hawwt girls on campus. So so much action to be pervin' on when Im bored.

Honestly cant wait to start come Monday!

Oh yeah public transport sucks balls, possibly the only reason why I would despise going to uni!

Joel8945

HSC
Yay we had subject intros today! ESD sounds fkn awesome, apart from the whole gay journal thing...Chemistry looks like it will be requiring some serious input though :(

But I am completely overwhelmed by the sheer amount of exremely hawwt girls on campus. So so much action to be pervin' on when Im bored.

Honestly cant wait to start come Monday!

Oh yeah public transport sucks balls, possibly the only reason why I would despise going to uni!
I must say that ESD sounds like an awesome subject! The journal thing should be cool.

A lot of those study support sessions were ok. One exception was the 'Getting the most out of your lectures' session, which really didn't allow me to 'get the most out of my lectures'! The session has sort of made me fear my lectures as my neat very slow paced hand writing will leave me far behind the rest who will 'inevitably' say your pace is fine professor). My note taking philosophy has been write down what has been stated and then in my own time decide what's relevant; as opposed to take notes, listen and take notes that are relevant (How can one define relevance in seconds of reading what's been stated?).

Also, I highly recomend that everybody goes to the support session 'success at uni'. This session has been the best session I have attended so far.

I must also add that public transport is a nightmare for me as it takes atleast an 1 hour to get home from uni.

I don't know if I have said this too many times, but, I'm going to really miss chemistry :( (Today I met someone who was in the same boat as me and chose to do chemistry over physics and is going to miss physics).

The last thing I must add is WHY is everybody I meet doing the life sciences? Is there anybody who is considering majoring in physics?

squance

I like cheese!!!
HSC
I must say that ESD sounds like an awesome subject! The journal thing should be cool.

A lot of those study support sessions were ok. One exception was the 'Getting the most out of your lectures' session, which really didn't allow me to 'get the most out of my lectures'! The session has sort of made me fear my lectures as my neat very slow paced hand writing will leave me far behind the rest who will 'inevitably' say your pace is fine professor). My note taking philosophy has been write down what has been stated and then in my own time decide what's relevant; as opposed to take notes, listen and take notes that are relevant (How can one define relevance in seconds of reading what's been stated?).

Also, I highly recomend that everybody goes to the support session 'success at uni'. This session has been the best session I have attended so far.

I must also add that public transport is a nightmare for me as it takes atleast an 1 hour to get home from uni.

I don't know if I have said this too many times, but, I'm going to really miss chemistry :( (Today I met someone who was in the same boat as me and chose to do chemistry over physics and is going to miss physics).

The last thing I must add is WHY is everybody I meet doing the life sciences? Is there anybody who is considering majoring in physics?

ESD?!!
Man that subject was just plain annoying. I did however like the journals but some of them can be just plain crap and silly (Last year one of journal entries was just designing a potential exam question for the ESD1 exam....and another one was just answering the question "What is an open ended question?".). Nevertheless, the journals were an easy 10% towards the grade :D
Wait till you get into ESD2...it will be HELL!

HSC
It's nice to see people appreciate the Melbourne Uni bookshop becuase it really is good most of the time.

But beware - you are going to come to hate it in the next few weeks when the lines take up the whole shop, you can hardly get in the doorway for all the people, and it takes half an hour to ask a staff member where you can find some obscure textbook!

Still, it is good the rest of the time :)

Joel8945

HSC
It's nice to see people appreciate the Melbourne Uni bookshop becuase it really is good most of the time.

But beware - you are going to come to hate it in the next few weeks when the lines take up the whole shop, you can hardly get in the doorway for all the people, and it takes half an hour to ask a staff member where you can find some obscure textbook!

Still, it is good the rest of the time :)
Damn are you serious? :jaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)