Website (1 Viewer)

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
Heya folks. :)

I'm in Yr 11 this year, and in IPT, we have a website to design.
This'll be entered into the Annual Schools Web Design Awards, and as such,
they've forced a "theme" onto us.

This year's theme is "Journeys".

Extremely broad. We just have to incorporate (a) journey/s into our website.
Dreamweaver 8 will be the site editor.

I was just wondering if anyone had ideas for the website...?

I'm assuming, since journeys is so broad, that it encompasses everything from literal journeying i.e. travelling, to 'inner journeys', to maybe even the journey of a pea down your digestive system (though that idea has been overdone).

I'd love to hear some creative replies, the more creative the better, as long as it's reasonable to complete in about 3 months.

Thanks in advance.

kyttie.

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Journey as development
YOUR journey ?? through life
your suburb/community
Water cycle --- any cycle

Journey as travel
Famous person / discoverer

Journey as quest
heroes / mythology

jawidplayer

HSC
N/A
well if i were you....i would create about any movie which has some stories of journey in it. i would find some cool pictures and images on the internet about this movie, and edit them in photoshop to make them cooler, and paste them in the website quite effectively. I know how to use Macromedia Flash. its very cool. so i would use Flash to create an animated website.

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
Thanks for the replies guys, they were awesome for inspiration.

After asking around some more and probing the net for ideas,
we're going to end up doing a site about the Seven Wonders of the World.

That way - though it's just materialistic travelling (something I thought would be boring), this'll be interesting to do because we would have some kind of motto of, "Back through the sands of time" or something.

I think it should be okay.

And yup, definitely about the advice on using Flash - we're going to have a Flash intro, where the globe rotates on its axis and a little stick figure bounces around from each miniature piccie of one of the wonders of the world to the next one. But the actual site will have to be constructed in Dreamweaver.

Thanks again guys. :D

kyttie.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
:rofl: Journeys...

(I don't even wanna hear that word. Like most other fellow year 12s. Heh.)

Btw, how about having animations on navigation bars? As in, images on the button light up and move around when your mouse hovers over it. Just an idea :D

Good luck `kyttie :) Last year the winner of that award though, our class agreed, was not well deserved...:p

HSC
All I can say, is have fun with fucken dream weaver. That this is bullshit unless u got 10 years to spend working out how to use it.

Beege

HSC
my school will be doing the same topic but we are not entering the comp

jirwin

HSC
EightySixMafia said:
All I can say, is have fun with fucken dream weaver. That this is bullshit unless u got 10 years to spend working out how to use it.
dreamweaver is good to use - i learnt only last yr and so far i've done 2 quality websites and onto my third

blackmurtagh

HSC
jirwin said:
dreamweaver is good to use - i learnt only last yr and so far i've done 2 quality websites and onto my third
i agree, with basic tech no-how, anyone can use dreamweaver, its like photoshop - its the best, but requires attention to get good at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)