WebDesign/Animation/Multimedia (1 Viewer)

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
you need a server with cgi on it - free optus hosting - like the stuff that comes with your optusnet account doesnt have that...

lorigan85

FOSWEB: whats your job? what do you do, or trying to pursue? Create websites for small companies? What hosting you got?

lorigan85

yea right..how much would you charge for a basic site? or a logo? no companies give prices on their sites its all customised. but i got my dads friends who want a standard price and no extra's.
you know heres a $100s do what you want for that..

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
depends what you are making it with... flash usually costs more.

the price depends on the person/company.

you need to think about this: (as these should be included in the cost)

1. Domain Name Set Up (30/60/100 bucks depending on where you get the domain for - overseas domains are cheaper (.com) than australian domains (.com.au).but Australian companies will often want .com.au names.

2. Hosting: generally - hosting IN australia is expensive... but its probably better for an australian site to get it in australia. you need to make about a $300 allowance for hosting setup and a few months/year of hosting.
Offshore is usually cheap as - like - you can get a year's hosting for less than 50 bucks - but i don't know how reliable it is...
You should look for: cgi/php/perl, log files which you can access, stats, mail, uptime.

3. Profit: obviously you want to make a profit after you pay for these things.

Check out http://www.webdesigners.net.au
theres heaps of stuff there.

lorigan85

go the 60s design or whateva..i was expecting the words 'soul train' hehe its good but maybe your dimensions are too small. when i expand it in my screen its small width wise.

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
I designed it in a high resolution so it is spose to be like that. Normally i design using pecentage tags.

lorigan85

um i want to do my multimedia diploma at tafe but they are not doing it only certificate III and thats in bloody bathurst..is digital media the closest to 'multimedia' ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)