Wca? (1 Viewer)

oksteph

HSC
So, I didn't get the ATAR needed to get into uni :\
but i saw the banner for "WCA PLAN B"
so i'm most probably going to do that. i checked the website and all, but i'm still confused as to how it works?
Anyone who is going for autumn session or has been there before, please guide me

freydee

HSC
Basically from my understanding, the way WCA works is that you undertake a foundation (or preparation, or whatever you care to call it) program which lasts for 2 or 3 semesters. Once you've completed a program that's related to the degree you want to do at UOW then you're ensured direct entry (as long as you pass). At least that's how I remember it being explained at their info day about 10 months ago.

If you haven't seen already though, the information brochures are available on their website, and they provide much easier to understand information than the actual website does IMO. http://www.wuc.edu.au/brochures/index.html

Just out of curiosity, what course were you planning to do and how many points did you miss out by?

oksteph

HSC
wow, sorry for the late reply. thanks for the info

I didn't get an offer yesterday either.
not a surprise really, but anyway
i needed 75 and i got 66,

i've actually got anew question.
if i want to take this year off and travel/work.
do i get accepted into uni straight away next year or do they base it upon something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)