Ways of Holiness (1 Viewer)

marezmac

The new mexican...
HSC
has anyone done this cross depth study? we got left by our teacher to do the work ourselves but yer, so unorganised i just wondered if anyone has any pointers to getting through the amount of info around.... or had notes from class?
thanks

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
sorry- wish I could help but I have avoided this topic like the plague...
best bet would be the Macquarie guide and maybe someone has done notes in the resources section of BoS (check the main sites front page and use the drop down menus at the top of the page)
Maybe other ppl in your class...I mean, you may as well share resources as it will help everybody to do well in the HSC?

santaslayer

HSC
It's funny how the teachers all avoid this topic. Our teachers screwed us over in this topic as the only real study material we had was each other. We has Buddhists, Muslims, Orthodox and other people from other Christian denominations in our class and our class time consisted on everyone making notes for the class.
I don't mean to be impolite about the issue, but don't RE teachers get trained in content in which they are suppose to teach? Or is it seen as unfeasible?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
It's funny how the teachers all avoid this topic. Our teachers screwed us over in this topic as the only real study material we had was each other. We has Buddhists, Muslims, Orthodox and other people from other Christian denominations in our class and our class time consisted on everyone making notes for the class.
I don't mean to be impolite about the issue, but don't RE teachers get trained in content in which they are suppose to teach? Or is it seen as unfeasible?
Like all teachers (humanities) courses, you get trained in nothing content specific wise... most of it when I was at uni was admin, syllabus etc but nothing too specific + tSOR didnt really exist when I was training!! (brand new in my 2nd or 3rd year) + its changed +its an optional study.
Do you seriously think that all of your teachers have studies *in detail* everything that is in the every evolving, ever changing HSC?? (from a humanities POV that is). We would be at uni for 8 years not 4!!

I avoid it because its boring and doesnt score well in the HSC. I could probably do it if I was familiar with the syllabus requirements (which Im not) as any capable teacher should be capable of doing ie picking up the syllabus and teaching to a certain level...but not in any depth that would make the subject useful.......

hope that explains things.....

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
Like all teachers (humanities) courses, you get trained in nothing content specific wise... most of it when I was at uni was admin, syllabus etc but nothing too specific + tSOR didnt really exist when I was training!! (brand new in my 2nd or 3rd year) + its changed +its an optional study.
Do you seriously think that all of your teachers have studies *in detail* everything that is in the every evolving, ever changing HSC?? (from a humanities POV that is). We would be at uni for 8 years not 4!!

I avoid it because its boring and doesnt score well in the HSC. I could probably do it if I was familiar with the syllabus requirements (which Im not) as any capable teacher should be capable of doing ie picking up the syllabus and teaching to a certain level...but not in any depth that would make the subject useful.......

hope that explains things.....

LoLz, yea, your kind of right, I never thought about the HSC changing that much though. :) (that is, unitl you reminded me :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)