wats ur gym routine (2 Viewers)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
um its not healthy to do all that and also its counterproductive read quiks big post in sticky thread someone show him
which is why i only did it ever once. why is he banned again^?

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
My workout is power cleans, squats, deadlifts, rows, bench and shoulder press on the one day, three times a week. Some of the best gains I've ever made to be honest and have lost a fair bit of fat. You just need to know where your limits are.
thats fucked, but awesome at the same time
have you been progessing in weight as well though?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Surprisingly well considering I'm on a cut with very little carbs. Usually dead by the end of the workout so you can't lift your max, but you do end up gaining strength which you don't realize along the way. Switching back to a split routine in a few weeks hopefully, so I'll actually get to see what my max lifts are.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yo anyone what is a good routine for a newbie to do? I've got a barbell and some dumbbells at home but basically no weight for the barbell.

I want to see how much I can change my body in 3 months

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Try a full body routine man. I have the same equipment as you except I have weights for the barbell.

Front squats, deadlifts, barbell rows, dumbell bench press and dumbell shoulder press. 3 sets of 10-12 reps three times a week.

Do that for three months and you will definiately see results if you get your diet in check. Probably the quickest way for a newbie to see gains IMO.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I've also got a bench but doing bench presses off the floor and shoulder presses off a chair are exactly the same. Or you could just get a gym membership.

If anyone is thinking of trying that routine, start off light. It will be painful and hard, more so than a traditional split routine, but it is definitely worth it.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
70% diet 30% exercise.
go by the 80-20 rule (i.e. getting 80% of the results from only doing 20% of the work). so basically doing exercises that work multiple muscles. bench, pull ups, rows, squats, deadlifts. ez

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
ur gonna have to buy some weights lolsmith, lol

i wouldnt mind having gym equipment at home either but i probably wouldnt be motivated as much to do it at home. If you're serious about it though, hit up a 3 month gym membership with your local one. Still, 3 months wont do much tbh!

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I'm the only person I know that is super motivated to work out at home rather than at a gym. I find it so much easier to train whenever I feel like it.

But yeah you'll need to buy some weights if you want to do it at home.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah definitely in the long term I'd think so.

The gym I used to go to was charging like $100 a month and it was shit. Got out of there ASAP.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
unsw gym works out to be great value

$8 a week if u take out the 12month membership

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Oh no I don't want to work out at home that's gay as (I have a family)

But what I mean is, should I start any form of exercise before I start at the JIM

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Nah just spend your first week doing light weights othewise you're going to be pretty much unable to move for the week after that.

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A
Nah just spend your first week doing light weights othewise you're going to be pretty much unable to move for the week after that.
If you haven't done any strength training before - work up your pushups situps and squats (if you have a pullup bar, you are fucking set) for a few weeks first. You'll make gains (moreso than simply using light weights), balance up any functional weaknesses somewhat and much less likely to get an early injury.

If you can do 10 pushups easy, do elevated pushups (feet on chair, hands on equal platforms either side about 30cm is a good bit of kit).

Do that and add 2L of milk to your daily consumption for 6 weeks - you will absolutely hit the ground running when you get to the gym.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I got into the thirties late last year should see how that's going tomorrow

I read today that your abs don't really get much stronger than they already are. Something like after 5-6 weeks of training, they're pretty much set forever. Didn't really sound right to me, but thinking on it now I guess it sorta does when you take into account deadlifts and all the other lifts that include your abs as stabilisers, etc.

Now on squats, do you recommend the standard squat, or...

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I personally prefer front squats mainly because I can do them at home without risking death (you should alternative between front and back squats)

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A
I got into the thirties late last year should see how that's going tomorrow

I read today that your abs don't really get much stronger than they already are. Something like after 5-6 weeks of training, they're pretty much set forever. Didn't really sound right to me, but thinking on it now I guess it sorta does when you take into account deadlifts and all the other lifts that include your abs as stabilisers, etc.

Now on squats, do you recommend the standard squat, or...
Situps, crunches are good for core strength/lower back but yeah - situps != abs ; low bf = abs. That said, it seems that people who do a lot of heavy weighted situps do tend to get more of that fat 6 pack thing going, haven't really read up much on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)