wats the go with frontline (1 Viewer)

chip

HSC
so what is the go with frontline its worth the same as the other modules but we've only worked on it for a week and we're not doing it when we go back

so can someone give me the general idea about what i should talk about in the trials

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
telling the truth - how the truth is portrayed, who has the authority to make the 'truth'

its not just frontline u also need related texts

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
btw, we're in the same position! weve barely done nething on it and they expect us to do as well as the other modules!

aspagarus

HSC
Basically what you should do is get one of the study companion book things.. like the summary books. You should know the basics of each episode. So know how the truth is manipulated or satirised etc. Know the techniques used in each. It should say it all in the book.
Also, as part of it (as mentioned above) Telling the Truth requires that you get some other texts. Use stuff like CNNN, or Backberner or the like. Something that satirises the representation of truth. Get onto the boardofstudies webpage and get the syllabus and check out what it requires. It isn't a terribly hard topic, so don't stress to much. Just work out your view on truth, make up some general introduction for the essay - "One might argue that truth is the most important thing, however the representation of this truth is that which is more important" - not exactly like that.. but you know.. Some statement that tell your view on subject (and keep it clean..)
Then just ramble on about the three texts.
Chin up, there is life after the HSC.. and believe it or not, there is like during the HSC..

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
bowling for columbine (the bit where he talks about the media) is a good supp text to use

My trial question was "each text constructs its own version of the truth"

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL Yr12, had the same question..

But yeah, u need a few related texts, like aspagarus said, you need stuff like CNNNN, Backburner - even Good News Week or the Glasshouse you could prolly use.

Also, recent news stories where the truth has been distorted ie children overboard.

I used an episode from the Simpsons (someone on the boards suggested it actually) called Homer:bad man. It's great for representation of the truth.

You can use alot of this and talk about how it represents the truth, if its skewered ect..

Hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)