wats the difference? (1 Viewer)

za

HSC
can som1 plz tell me wat the difference is between medium of production and textual form.

lizzieee_

i think maybe medium production refers simply to the category the text is in, like film or novel or whatever, and textual form is more in depth, like.... hmm..... the actual structure of the film or whatever it is.

at least thats what im guessin i really wouldn't hav a clue :eek:

hope it was a little help anyways

malkin86

HSC
the medium of production is how it is produced, like a book or a film etc. but the textual form is more like the text type, plus language techniques.

za

HSC
oh k then
coz i was readig this for powerplay n couldnt tell the diff.

"This module requires students to explore various representations of events, personalities or situations. They evaluate how medium of production, textual form, perspective and choice of language influence meaning. The study develops students’ understanding of the relationships between representation and meaning."

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
my understanding of textual form is that the medium of production is how it's produced, like a movie, novel, play. From there, there are specific stylistics that fit into each category, for instance for a newspaper:

MEDIUM --> Newspaper
TEXTUAL FORMS --> Editorial, Feature Article, Column etc. etc.

Abtari

HSC
hahhhh...no need to worry about the minor differences. they cant ask you a question in the exam which takes it to that level of specificity. at this point in time, for convenience, suppose they are the same thing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)