'Watchmen' is a better film than 'The Dark Knight' (1 Viewer)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
hey tard, wanna read the rest of the post, where i explain why quantum of solace is a shite film?

yeah and look; ur arguments pro-quantum goes" I THINK ITS A GOOD FILM"

i think i'll leave it at that and stop wasting time with people like you.

and im oh so deeply cut by your dislike, however will i sleep at night?

Monstar

HSC
To all those who oppose the gore, i feel it added to the characterisation of the cast... I mean the scene with Silk Spectre and the comedian it demonstrated the 'human side' of comedian.. I wanna go deeper by i fear i will ruin the film for readers.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
hey tard, wanna read the rest of the post, where i explain why quantum of solace is a shite film?
Yes, and those reasons are opinions. Not facts. They are two entirely different things, which you seem to be confusing for each other presently. The point is that you think it's a bad film, for all those reasons. It doesn't make it fact.

yeah and look; ur arguments pro-quantum goes" I THINK ITS A GOOD FILM"
You want to hear all of them, then?

- Every single actor is well-cast.
- Daniel Craig gives a performance better than at least four of Sean Connery's, cementing hiself as the James Bond.
- The direction taken shows a Bond that is willing to escape the conventions he has set for himself over the past fifty years, which can only be a good thing.
- The score is David Arnold's best.
- The film is well-paced, and doesn't feel obligated to run for two hours simply because it's predecessors did.
- The action scenes are well-directed, and the Siena chase intercut with the Palio (likewise, the chase through the opera house intercut with Tosca) was brilliant.
- Most importantly, the film assumes you're smart enough to keep track of it. Unlike films such as DIE ANOTHER DAY, it doesn't need to stop every fifteen minutes and spell the plot out for you.

I could go on all night, but I have a 9am class.

i think i'll leave it at that and stop wasting time with people like you.
Translation: you're out of arguments and/or can't think of a decent or suitably witty retort which, while not actually win the argument for you, will serve to lick your wounds. I've already made my case as to why nothing you say has any relevance to anything, and until you learn to tell the difference between fact and opinion, it's pretty clear that nothing you say will continue to have any relevance to anything. So you liked WATCHMEN? Big deal. I thought it was shit. I don't hero-worship the ground Alan Moore walks on, nor do I think Snyder is capable of conveying any kind of social commentary. You seem to be of the opinion that some of the dialogue is on par with Orson Wells' speech aboard the ferris wheel in THE THIRD MAN. And if you have no idea what that is, it's pretty clear that you'll never have the right to call yourself a man with good taste in film.

and im oh so deeply cut by your dislike, however will i sleep at night?
I do better sarcasm than you do.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Yes, and those reasons are opinions. Not facts. They are two entirely different things, which you seem to be confusing for each other presently. The point is that you think it's a bad film, for all those reasons. It doesn't make it fact.

You want to hear all of them, then?

- Every single actor is well-cast.
- Daniel Craig gives a performance better than at least four of Sean Connery's, cementing hiself as the James Bond.
- The direction taken shows a Bond that is willing to escape the conventions he has set for himself over the past fifty years, which can only be a good thing.
- The score is David Arnold's best.
- The film is well-paced, and doesn't feel obligated to run for two hours simply because it's predecessors did.
- The action scenes are well-directed, and the Siena chase intercut with the Palio (likewise, the chase through the opera house intercut with Tosca) was brilliant.
- Most importantly, the film assumes you're smart enough to keep track of it. Unlike films such as DIE ANOTHER DAY, it doesn't need to stop every fifteen minutes and spell the plot out for you.

I could go on all night, but I have a 9am class.

Translation: you're out of arguments and/or can't think of a decent or suitably witty retort which, while not actually win the argument for you, will serve to lick your wounds. I've already made my case as to why nothing you say has any relevance to anything, and until you learn to tell the difference between fact and opinion, it's pretty clear that nothing you say will continue to have any relevance to anything. So you liked WATCHMEN? Big deal. I thought it was shit. I don't hero-worship the ground Alan Moore walks on, nor do I think Snyder is capable of conveying any kind of social commentary. You seem to be of the opinion that some of the dialogue is on par with Orson Wells' speech aboard the ferris wheel in THE THIRD MAN. And if you have no idea what that is, it's pretty clear that you'll never have the right to call yourself a man with good taste in film.

I do better sarcasm than you do.
if by well-cast you mean forgettable, then yeah.

daniel craig? don't make me laugh. he has none of the charisma and charm that has marked all bonds to date and frankly looks like he's in some horrible hackneyed version of james bond.

escape bond conventions? if by that you mean throw away the key aspects of bond (some of which is craig's fault) as depicted by ian fleming.
and lets face it, bond's never going to be anything more than an action hero, however iconic, and any attempts to deviate from thus is quite the miserable failure.

can't say i paid any great attention to the score, possibly because the movie is so dull, so i'll take your word on it.

well-paced film? this has got to be one of your worst. the film's plot is horrendously shit even by action film standards. there's nothing that couldn't have been expected 2 hours beforehand, and consequently, "well-paced" in actuality means that this film moves from action scene to action scene at an alarming pace in order to mask the plot deficiencies.

no argument re; action scenes.

oh you're quite the funny. ur comments about the non-spoon feeding nature of quantum as a sign of filmic sophistication?
hilarity; i could say the exact same thing about watchmen.

and you were right to some degree hey, i really had no arguments to your previous post because it has exactly zero content.
but at least we're getting somewhere here.

neither do i worship alan moore. as i've already stated, i prefered the film to the novel and i do think watchmen is nowhere near the pinnacle of graphic novels in the last few decades.

oh and there we have it; objectsinspacee goes for the psuedo-intellectual reference to some film made 60 years.
newsflash; i dont give a shit.
just because i was born in the 90s, and i assume you too are (or the late 80s) doesn't mean I feel the need to indulge myself in a pretentious exploration of ancient and invariably in film elitists like yourself's opinion, better movies just because they're in black and white.

you're the one here whose arguing that the quality of a film is subjective.
which as a side note i find quite ironic considering you're the one delving into history, people of whom invariably love to deal in objectivism when it comes to popular culture.

Bulldog4lyf

HSC
It is no where near on par with the genre defining masterpiece, that is, The Dark Knight.

HSC
Saw watchmen yesterday. Um it was ok. Not really a great movie. Entertaining but fucking weird and disjointed. TDK is a fair bit better. Burn after reading was gay graney, i didnt even laugh during it.

billstery

HSC
lol the dark knight was infinitely better, just everything about it.

I found watchmen to be boring, overlong and tedious. Not to mention some of the terrible dialogue, awful acting (lol at the silk spectre character) and odd music placement (though I enjoyed most of the soundtrack)...

Best thing about the movie was probably the Rorshach character. Woulda been pretty ugly without him.

It seems to me that a lot of support for the watchmen movie is coming from those who read the book. bunch of raving fanbhois imo- I'm confident almost anyone I know would lol at this movie being better than batman.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
dark knight wasn't that great except for the joker... batman was so underwhelming, lol

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I agree that the silk spectre had a terrible actress. She shits me in everything I've seen her in.

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
dark knight wasn't that great except for the joker... batman was so underwhelming, lol
QFT

i dont know waht u were watching billstery, dark knight would of been justa normal batman film if it wasnt for the joker.

OdeToAnAndroid

HSC
Compared to Sean Connery,

Daniel Craig is to James Bond as Fish are to Bicycles.

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
The Big Lebowski will always be my favourite Cohen film

As for Watchmen~ fuck it, it ruins the book, seriously. Snyder thought it best to remove Moore's philosophical discourse instead preferring to pack in slow motion and tit shots

five stars would see again

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Nah burn after reading was pretty subpar compared to the Cohen Bros' other films, got to say.
do disagree good sir

tied with lebowski for best cohen film imo

edit
care to explain
what philoosphical discourse he left out?

don't expect much substance, you seem full of shit

Wranger 92

HSC
Wall-e was the best film of last year. This is a fact.

TDK is better than Watchmen because it had far more substance. Watchmen was, as Mark Kermode says, Un Film De Zach Snyder.

*vast criticism coming later*

Also the blue dong was unsettling.
i have to say that i liked the both of them the dark knight was a fucking hektic movie
the dark knight was all "oh my god heath ledgers in it his dead we have to see it"
so expectations were through the roof with that movie and the movie not only meet them but raped them in the ass with a jackhammer that was on
and with watchmen i myself have never in my life read the comics but it was fucking sweet and the tits were not the only reason for that
the blood and core
the different personalitys were portrayed with expertese
and of cource rawshack is just fucken sweet
and yes the blue sausige was dirt but i must say even on a movie screen i feel sorry for his girlfriend

:headbang:
wall-e suxs fat dick and was a waste of money and time

HSC
ive never heard of a comic series called watchmen before..but i guess ill see it anyway... i dont think it would be better than the dark knight though, since theres like more 'superhero' characters in it, it wont have a good 'super hero' and 'super villain' theme like in the dark knight..

:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)