wat is a blackbody (1 Viewer)

failingTheHsc

i still dont know what this thing is. ive read through the text book about a thousand times but still dont know it.

and the experiment that proved wrong classical physics?

any help?

thanx in advance :D

deweydude

A blackbody is an object that absoarbs all energy 'given to it' and also emits it all. Well, that's a perfect black body. That is a very very loose definition of a black body though.

The thing with classical physics basically was a graph. This graph was a hyperbola, and it showed how they radiated radiation. Anyway, if this graph was true then everytime you went near an oven that was on you would be vapourised!

I can't quite remember the guys name who did this, I'm very sure it's Plank though.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
planck didnt say light was quantised, he only theorised that the exchange between the radiating energies and the black body was quantised to small packets... Einstein applied it to light when explaining the photoelectric effect

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
Originally posted by deweydude
A blackbody is an object that absoarbs all energy 'given to it' and also emits it all. Well, that's a perfect black body. That is a very very loose definition of a black body though.

The thing with classical physics basically was a graph. This graph was a hyperbola, and it showed how they radiated radiation. Anyway, if this graph was true then everytime you went near an oven that was on you would be vapourised!

I can't quite remember the guys name who did this, I'm very sure it's Plank though.
Good enough for this course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)