Votes: 3 7.3%
  • JUST PLAIN OLD GAY!!!!!

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Hmm, well, I guess that's ok for the school, we didn't have a geography class because only 3 people chose it, and we have have any senior language classes. Maybe convince the rest that sdd has superior scaling relative to the other two subjects :)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
My SDD teacher at the start of the year scared our class of 20 into a class of 10 by saying it is a dodgey subject.

I should of listened :(

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
There's definitely a lack of interest there though...from over 120 girls, 3 of us do software, and there isn't even a yr 11 class - it's being phased out from my (all-girls) school, i think
I guess it depends on the school...currently we have 8 students in yr 12 and before us there was a class as well. Yr 11 has a close to full class, and I heard theres gonna be another yr 11 sdd class for the current yr 10s nxt yr. And this is an all girls school as well.

I could drop SDD since Ive already done IT, but like what enak said above, it scales higher than both and thats why I'm keepin it.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Chand
I could drop SDD since Ive already done IT, but like what enak said above, it scales higher than both and thats why I'm keepin it.
It scales better if your doing well :), else if you perform poorly, scaling in reverse is quite severe, according to UAISeeker anyway :)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
i'm just wondering how much SDD will align this year.

I hope a 60/100 raw mark will show on my record of achievement as band 5 :)

By the way the judges work out how well a subject aligns it seems like SDD will align greatly.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
I hope a 60/100 raw mark will show on my record of achievement as band 5 :)

By the way the judges work out how well a subject aligns it seems like SDD will align greatly.
It better scale good this year, I'm relying on that to push up my uai :) hoping for a band 6 for sdd. By the look of the past hsc exams, 80+ raw shouldn't be too much trouble. Ragerunner, think more optimistic about yourself :)

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by enak
It scales better if your doing well :), else if you perform poorly, scaling in reverse is quite severe, according to UAISeeker anyway :)
Thanks. At the moment Im performing avg. but my teacher reckons that with study and practise I could make it up into the higher bands.:)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It better scale good this year, I'm relying on that to push up my uai :) hoping for a band 6 for sdd. By the look of the past hsc exams, 80+ raw shouldn't be too much trouble. Ragerunner, think more optimistic about yourself :)
I got 60/100 for my CSSA and i tohught that was pretty good. but if i got that in the HSC that would of been stuffed :(

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Chand
Thanks. At the moment Im performing avg. but my teacher reckons that with study and practise I could make it up into the higher bands.:)
It also depends on the performance of the people above you, if they perform well, and you perform better, then you will get in the top bands.

I got 60/100 for my CSSA and i tohught that was pretty good. but if i got that in the HSC that would of been stuffed :(
From what I see, generally people get 10-20% more in hsc than cssa, unless they are already getting 80-100% in that then they will get a really good mark :)

JRasnier

Yeah, I'm sure there are plently of top performing girls in software - I'm just definitely not one of them
There's definitely a lack of interest there though...from over 120 girls, 3 of us do software, and there isn't even a yr 11 class - it's being phased out from my (all-girls) school, i think
A girl in my class, is first out of the whole year, noone could catch up to her, i beat her in one exam but that was it, she got 99% for her project also, and my gf will be doing SDD next year also which i reckon she will do excellent in also as she is into computers also....

Lundy

Banned
HSC
my bf doesn't even do software and he knows more about programming than I do...lol

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
my bf doesn't even do software and he knows more about programming than I do...lol
A subject should be chosen mostly out of enjoyment, perhaps he doesn't really like sdd.

Winston

HSC
A subject should be chosen mostly out of enjoyment, perhaps he doesn't really like sdd.
Ahuh true that, people who really know what's taught in the course would hate it, cause it's so boring the contents of documentation.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I thought SDD would be coo because i use the computer 24/7

Too bad I was wrong.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I thought SDD would be coo because i use the computer 24/7
:rofl:

Maybe the teachers should inform the students on what the course involves before they choose it.

fatmuscle

HSC
Maybe the teachers should inform the students on what the course involves before they choose it.
if... the teachers themselves know what the course is about...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Mine did. He said if you want to drop it, do it now. Because this isn't an easy course.

I ignored him -_-

Lundy

Banned
HSC
he was at an american school so they didn't have sdd
and he's just a computer geek so it's obviously out of enjoyment wheras i have to do it or else i dont get a UAI.

I remember thinking "Well, I like computers, i'd like to work with computers when i leave school, so software sounds like a great subject to do"...
slightly disappointed, but I've found that I enjoy IPT a lot more than I expected

Last edited:

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Look on the bright side, SDD scales better than IPT :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)