was quanta stuffed or just me?? (1 Viewer)

who picked number 3 and wat did they say about it??.......can we say it has a practical application in nuclear reactors??

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Originally posted by Mathematician
I started using F(e) = kq(1).q(2)/d^2 but didnt know the ...
using F/l = kI(1).I(2)/d

and i think they REQUIRED u to talk about the Supercritical mass for the bomb for a bit..
I'm pretty sure it is on the data sheet (somewhere about half way down), but its 2x10^-7 anyway

And yeah - you did need to talk about critical mass of fissile material to set up nuclear bomb i think... and detonation/compacting it with force, that stuff... Then compare this to in a reactor how they are controlled by absorbing/stopping neutrons with however they do it...

Originally posted by dnt stop runnin
who picked number 3 and wat did they say about it??.......can we say it has a practical application in nuclear reactors??
And yeah - i reckon thats ok... Its a fission reaction that gives out energy... And neutrons... Like in a reactor...

Last edited:
ok thanx......im hoping its right.....if it is,....then ill say the option was good....assuming ive got the other stuff right....i chose he right natural occuring reaction which was number 2..but i think i jusitfied it in a wrong way.....i said some rubbish that a neutrino is used to balance the laws therefore a neutrino is only emitted in a natural reaction.......is that a load of bullshit or wat?? (and yeh i thought there was a missing particle coz of that gap)

MyLuv

Originally posted by dnt stop runnin
wrote like 4-5 pages for that 8 mark question....
Omg, i wrote only 1.5 pages and it even include stuff from internet like physical shape,supercritical blahblabhblah..how can u get that much???:rolleyes:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol i overkilled that 8 marker as well - 7pages, but i had heaps big writing (4 or 5 words a line)and half page diagrams as well... funny though cuz i reckon i missed some tiny pt and will only get 6/8... :D

N

ND

Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
lol i overkilled that 8 marker as well - 7pages, but i had heaps big writing (4 or 5 words a line)and half page diagrams as well... funny though cuz i reckon i missed some tiny pt and will only get 6/8... :D
Woah, i only wrote like 11 for my english essays.

I hope the other options get scaled if this section was as easy as everyone is making it out to be.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
I have a question.

There was a question of proton- proton gravitational and electrostatic force. What did other people do? I just read off the graph, but that seemed pretty easy for two marks.

i dnt think it was that easy.....but usually all option topics are of the same standard...so who knows...and yeh i wrote like 4-5 pages, but with small writing,...not too big........i just threw everything in there.even fermi's intial observation of nuclear fission so yeh

.i chose he right natural occuring reaction which was number 2..but i think i jusitfied it in a wrong way.....i said some rubbish that a neutrino is used to balance the laws therefore a neutrino is only emitted in a natural reaction.......is that a load of bullshit or wat?? (and yeh i thought there was a missing particle coz of that gap)

allyteaded

I was so pissed off at the fact that they chose like 1/16th of the whole entire quanta module and 1/8th of the whole syllabus in that exam. Damn it!

Did anyone else feel that way? In terms of the whole exam - did anyone feel the questions were very... general and you had to kinda... link to what's related? Like that Einstein's contribution - Like how many things did he do and how much space are we given??

And Quanta - what about de Broglie?? Pauli?? Wilson Cloud Chamber?? Accelerators?? Balmer's equation?

Seriously - considering they already cut so many things out - I'd hate to have done Physics last year!

Three hours... covering a picometer of the syllabus... grr...

oh yeah and Mathematician, k was in the data sheet. I asked my friend five minutes before the exam what the hell that constant was - lucky!! ^_^ lol...

Affinity

HSC
number 3:

fission reaction in nuclear reactors and atomic bombs such as the little boy, blah blah [insert synopsis of the 8 marker]

TheKey

HSC
the only question here that gave me a mental block was the 2 properties of strong nuclear force.

i had no idea, said it was "strong" and also a repulsive force at close proximity.

anyway wat was the right answer?

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Originally posted by Chand
I have a question.

There was a question of proton- proton gravitational and electrostatic force. What did other people do? I just read off the graph, but that seemed pretty easy for two marks.
Yeah - thats all I did. But you can compare forces:

F(G) = GM_1M_2/r^2
&
F(E) = KQ_1Q_2/r^2

But that K isnt on the data sheet, and i'm sure it would come out the same as on the graph anyway...

Last edited:

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
Originally posted by TheKey
the only question here that gave me a mental block was the 2 properties of strong nuclear force.

i had no idea, said it was "strong" and also a repulsive force at close proximity.

anyway wat was the right answer?
yeah talked about strength at different distances (extremely close, neighbouring nucleons, any further than neighbouring nucleons)
and also that it was independent of charge

Saul

*ss
HSC
you could have also said that it worked equally on proton-proton, neutron-proton and neutron-neutron interactions

all u had to say that it was a strong force needed to keep the protons together that are repelling......and that it is only a short range force

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)