• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Warning (1 Viewer)

Lil Clutch

HSC
well i jsut had my half yearly exams today and i have a word of adive to all those who are about to do that and just geo tests in general! LEARN YOUR SKILLS. Many of you know this and probably ace the skills parts, but apparently not my class. like our teacher handed out a massive booklet at the start of year 12 where he expected us to do a particular skill a week, and hence tried to motivate us to sudy geo on a regular basis. Many of us ignored this! which was bad! like i read through the booklet the night before thinking it was just going to be basic things like longitude, latitude, gradient, vertical exaggeration, local relief and graphs. and the test did include all these skills, in particular the first section. but i think its becuas ei didnt practice these skills regulary i had limited knowledge to apply to these multiple choice questions. every question required a skill, we had to determine local relief, draw a cross section of some part of the map, calcuate VE, etc. i did do most of them- everything but those ternary graphs but i know i wouldve been more confident in my answers if i practiced more! this goes to my class if you're out there people! lol. and maybe we should really consider our study programs-like working together and meeting up at each others houses. good luck to everyone and their half yearlys. what were your extended response questions? we had a choice of two-one was a management question whcih required a discussion of the two case studies and the other was a question of discussing nautral stress and human induced modificatons on one of our case studies and how it related to the vulnerability of the ecosystem.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
same as us, we have a booklet consists of 50+ pages of skills from our ex-teacher now 30pages more from the new teacher.
you just have to motivate yourself i guess.

i'm screwed cos i haven't done nay and my exam is next tues =(
I'm not worried bout the skills part but the theory part ( Great Barrier Reef and wetlands..)

this_girl

HSC
Hey, I did my half yearly today and yes, learn your skills everyone! At the beginning of the year my teacher made sure we were learning our skills and even days before the exam we did a whole lot of revision on skills and some stuff from past papers and let me tell you, it helps! I suck at Geo but because I actually STUDIED I am feeling quite confident in getting a good mark for once!

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Well done this_girl! I'm glad you tried your best!
Hmm... I did my geog 1/2 yearly today too... I was sick and barely studied... wasn't too bad since (ok maybe I'm jinxing myself here)

ANYWAY, I think the skills part is actually not a problem. You just to know how to do it that's all. (As we used the 2001 catholic trials for the multipule chioces (section I).
However, sound knowledge of geo terms such as "ecological sustainable mangement", "ethic resposibility" for research <--- (I had that today as a 3 marks question I had no idea about what that is) and so on.

Geog is pretty straight forward and easy, you just have to apply yourself and shove it as many facts as you know. Of cos, relvant facts only, do NOT drift onto something that's out of the question.

For section II, you might need to know the procedure and method of how to perform a primary investigation, and this all comes down to our lovely SGP's done in prelim!

*Correct me if I'm wrong.

So, geography. Very straight forward stuff. There is no difference compared to the SC really, just more essays to write and not only learning about Australia. Though we are doing the GBR for Ecosystem at risk and Sydney for Mega Cities. ;)

Oops I've talked too much, hope this helps for the ones who have exams coming up! :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)