Warning: to Windows 7 users (1 Viewer)

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
If you've installed Windows 7, in particular the 64-bit version be careful when it comes to system restore functions

Windows 7 RC Crashed On Recent Software Install

Apparently a heap of people (myself included) have been having trouble with Windows 7 crashing due to Registry defrags/cleans and then the System restore function not working, meaning without a System image you're pretty much forced into a reinstall.

Just warning.

clue444

HSC
Windows 7 is still better than Vista at least.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Sorry i don't can't it, can someone explain further :S
Alright, what he is saying is just use the already installed defragging tools so as not to screw your Win7 up, and to back up everything, and by everything literally making a carbon copy of your HDD.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
Alright, what he is saying is just use the already installed defragging tools so as not to screw your Win7 up, and to back up everything, and by everything literally making a carbon copy of your HDD.
No not HDD defraggers... they're fine... though why you'd go with anything other than Auslogics I dunno...

It's REGISTRY defrag tools you have to worry about...

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Well if he keeps away from anything like that, he should be fine.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
why you would use registry defrags at all is beyond my understanding.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Some programs love fucking with registry files?

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
I have had it crash on startup several times, but always managed to get the system restore working properly.

I always wondered what caused the crash in the first place. Obviously it must be the registry thing.

Top Secret

HSC
Problems like this should be expected when using new-but-questionable OSs.

I've stuck with XP for quite a while now, and after hearing stuff like this, I think I'll stick with it for a while yet.
Thing is, not many who haven't had a problem with 7 would post here. In reality, I'm sure the happy to frustrated user ratio would be very high. While I admit Vista was inferior to XP, 7 is not. Indeed, 7 is the new XP.

TERMINATOR-HX

Coming back from the future....to kill you!
HSC
Thing is, not many who haven't had a problem with 7 would post here. In reality, I'm sure the happy to frustrated user ratio would be very high. While I admit Vista was inferior to XP, 7 is not. Indeed, 7 is the new XP.
If that's the case, then it's about time Microsoft picked up the slack. MS has made its share of OSs in its day, and XP's run as its flagship OS has been rather....extended, compared to earlier ones like 98 and 2000. Time for MS to get back into the flow and step up after their stuff-up with Vista.

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
If that's the case, then it's about time Microsoft picked up the slack. MS has made its share of OSs in its day, and XP's run as its flagship OS has been rather....extended, compared to earlier ones like 98 and 2000. Time for MS to get back into the flow and step up after their stuff-up with Vista.
I dont really think they stuffed up with Vista, most people just say its shit therefore giving it a bad name.. Yeah sure its had some errors but so has Windows XP and if i recall XP when first released had huge problems.. Vista has improved alot and most of the bugs are fixed.. Then there is the issue of people saying Vista requires an expensive computer to run it and all that, thats bullshit to a degree.. My uncle had a god dam 1.8 Ghz running Vista with 1Gb of RAM.. If you actually take a close look at Vista you will notice its much the same as XP despite the code not being the same...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)