"War & Peace" Leo Tolstoy (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Yeah, bitch about it here, or praise it.

Too fucking long. Tolstoy is clearly a cunt.

but I did love it. Bit slow at times and the essays at the end were too 'wtf shutup tolstoy you fucking cunt' but <3 rostov, prince andrey and pierre. if i was gay i'd so let them gang bang me.

HSC
yay Im reading it RIGHT NOW

I like it being so crazily long. Im guessing it will take me about three months to read since I'm going to have all my uni readings on top of it to contend with.

atm my favourite character is princess...err...no good at remembering Russian names. The one who is middle aged and poor, and who is Boris' mother.

Bainesy

HSC
my friend said it was going to be called "war, what is it good for?"

ive got a copy too on my bookshelf. is it worth the read?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Silver Persian said:
yay Im reading it RIGHT NOW

I like it being so crazily long. Im guessing it will take me about three months to read since I'm going to have all my uni readings on top of it to contend with.

atm my favourite character is princess...err...no good at remembering Russian names. The one who is middle aged and poor, and who is Boris' mother.
Anna Mihalovna/Princess Drubetskoy

nah she's a bitch. prince vassily's a cunt too

it is worth reading.

sarevok

HSC
It's of course very long but also very fast-paced and exciting so it seems shorter than what it is (apart from that snoozeworthy, near-incomprehensible essay on history at the end). Unlike Anna Karenina which is very long and also probably the most boring novel ever written.

War and Peace really is the definition of epic. It's a must-read IMO.

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
Hi I'm a dead Russian novelist

HSC
i was thinking of reading this book, but like i don't know. I'm a very slow reader. Took me a year to finish one of those harry potter books. The thickest one i think.

decypher

HSC
It's a very thick book but worth it for it's intimate portrait of humanity.

Bainesy

HSC
Ashmobs said:
wow awwesome seinfeld riupping friend
its not from Seinfeld, my friend just told me he heard it from somewhere a year or so ago

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I have started it, months ago.. it just wasn't a book that I really got into, as compared to most books where I can't put them down. I should finish it so I can put it on my resume as saying I've read it.. (shows you can stick with anything thru to the finish!)

R3volver

Replicant
HSC
It's such a versatile piece of literature, meaning you could kill someone with it by throwing it at their face.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Nashie said:
I have started it, months ago.. it just wasn't a book that I really got into, as compared to most books where I can't put them down. I should finish it so I can put it on my resume as saying I've read it.. (shows you can stick with anything thru to the finish!)
where did u get up to? it gets progessively better throughout the book.

there were times when i felt like giving up, when i had took so much that i just couldn't take any more. but i looked deep within myself and found the strength to persevere, and finish war and peace.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
My eastern european peeps inform me that there's far better Russian classics.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
i tried reading those old books by Dickens like David Copperfield and Oliver Twist, as well as Moby Dick, but the style of writing annoys me. especially the use of the world 'countenance'

Read The Left Hand of Darkness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)