War in Afghanistan (1 Viewer)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
1) Do you support the withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan and reducing the American federal government budget deficit?
2)Do you support the Gillard governments $180 million foreign aid to Afghanistan? I think the money could be better spent on increasing the Australian refugee intake.

Okashi

HSC
1. I don't support the withdrawal at the current stage. And that doesn't mean I don't want the deficit to go down.

2. I support the continuation of foreign aid to Afghanistan because to stem the flow of refugees from Afghanistan , the country needs stronger infrastructure ( hospitals , schools , bridges , roads) The primary aim should always be to make the home country safe for the Afghan people and not leave it alone so the people will always be fleeing their country.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
The foreign aid is being squandered by corrupt Afghan government officials and is not reaching those neediest people. I want moderate cut backs to foreign aid and an increase in the refugee intake. Afghanistan is quiet simply a hell hole. The Afghanistan govt is very oppressive and is just as bad as the Taliban if not worse.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
The foreign aid is being squandered by corrupt Afghan government officials and is not reaching those neediest people. I want moderate cut backs to foreign aid and an increase in the refugee intake. Afghanistan is quiet simply a hell hole. The Afghanistan govt is very oppressive and is just as bad as the Taliban if not worse.
I think there was a story about this on four corners a few years ago. It turned out foreign aid was being used to build multi-million dollar mansions with gold leaf, imported marble etc.

Jimmy2064

HSC
1) Do you support the withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan and reducing the American federal government budget deficit?
2)Do you support the Gillard governments $180 million foreign aid to Afghanistan? I think the money could be better spent on increasing the Australian refugee intake.
1. I think that in due time they should withdrawal, I'm not so sure now would be ideal.

2. No I do not, and I don't think it should go to increasing refugee intake either (as I don't believe in accepting refugees), I personally think the money could be better spend on health, and soldiers' wages which are a disgrace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)