Wanted: Maths Tutor (1 Viewer)

candisnap

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, i dont know if this is the right place to ask but i was just wondering if anyone knows a good, experienced 3 unit HSC tutor around the Liverpool area-ish?

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
Re: Maths Tutor

candisnap said:
Hey guys, i dont know if this is the right place to ask but i was just wondering if anyone knows a good, experienced 3 unit HSC tutor around the Liverpool area-ish?

go to terry lee

Last edited:

candisnap

HSC
N/A

Depends how good he is at teaching other people. What's his experience etc

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC

candisnap said:
Depends how good he is at teaching other people. What's his experience etc
everyone in my class says he is good

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

SomeoneCool said:
He hasn't done any formal tutoring although he has been tutoring me and my brother for the last couple of years, so that's gotta count for something.
If you wish to recommend your brother, you should provide some details about your brother such as his HSC result, UAI, his university courses, teaching method & etc. If I was the one who posted up here, I would have liked to know the details like that to make up my mind.

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC

lyounamu said:
If you wish to recommend your brother, you should provide some details about your brother such as his HSC result, UAI, his university courses, teaching method & etc. If I was the one who posted up here, I would have liked to know the details like that to make up my mind.
shut up wanker!

Last edited:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC

SomeoneCool said:
In his HSC, he got 91/100 for 2 unit maths, and 45/50 for 3 unit maths.

That's the only info that's really relevant.
So he didn't do 4U math? I thought math genii do 4U.

alabatusa

HSC

hi
i can tutor extension 1 maths
in liverpool area
i got 94 for 3 unit, and 92 for 4 unit (2006), and 94 for 2unit( 2005 accelerated)
atif

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
Atif is a very smart guy. Went to hs with this bloke. Highly recommend :D.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

SomeoneCool said:
My brother was offered 4U but he was discouraged from doing it because my dad thought he wasn't capable of it. I can tell you though, my brother used to smash the 4U people.
I doubt he would have got Band E4 in Mathematics Extension 2 by the look of his results in Mathematics Extension 1 & Mathematics.

However, his results are good enough to tutor people.

P

pLuvia

lyounamu said:
I doubt he would have got Band E4 in Mathematics Extension 2 by the look of his results in Mathematics Extension 1 & Mathematics.

I beg to differ, a couple of students at my school attained an e4 in 4u, but only an e3 in 3u

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC

lyounamu said:

yep yep yep[

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I was being more realistic. It is much more common to see people performing better in Mathematics Extension 1 than Mathematics Extension 2. I know 10 people who did Extension 2 last year. 8 of them ended up with higher results in Mathematics Extension 1 than Mathematics Extension 2. On top of that, I also know another 8 people who did better in Mathematics than Mathematics Extension 1. Both of you only saw couple who got that, I saw tonnes of those who got higher in easier Maths.

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
lyounamu said:
I was being more realistic. It is much more common to see people performing better in Mathematics Extension 1 than Mathematics Extension 2. I know 10 people who did Extension 2 last year. 8 of them ended up with higher results in Mathematics Extension 1 than Mathematics Extension 2. On top of that, I also know another 8 people who did better in Mathematics than Mathematics Extension 1. Both of you only saw couple who got that, I saw tonnes of those who got higher in easier Maths.
...Uh grats?

candisnap

HSC
N/A

alabatusa said:
hi
i can tutor extension 1 maths
in liverpool area
i got 94 for 3 unit, and 92 for 4 unit (2006), and 94 for 2unit( 2005 accelerated)
atif
Hey, sounds good so far. What school did you go to, do you have any experience and what kind of teaching method do you have?
If so (or if you are willing) do you have like resources and such that you use?
I agree with Lyounamu, i just want to see what im getting myself into beforehand. Thanks

ps. i love how this post turned into a maths contest ha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)