Want your uni fees paid off? (1 Viewer)

emmcyclopedia

HSC
I do!

Now that you're reading this... *SCHOLARSHIPS*

I have 2 of these, both for Newcastle Uni.

As I was reading the scholarship offer letters today, one thing stopped me in my tracks...

"The scholarship... is payable in a lump sum after the semester 1 census date..."

I always thought that scholarships just meant you didn't have to pay for part of your uni fees - but I got the impression from the above statement that I receive the scholarship in cash? Is this true???? o_O

Care to shed some light on this matter for me? =)

lizziesmum

HSC
N/A
The scholarships you applied for would have set out the details of the payment eg $2000 payable in two instalments after the census date. Basically what they are saying is that the payment wont be made until the Uni is sure that you are enrolled in your subjects and can't withdraw from them; hence the census date (ie the date after which you cannot withdraw). I think the Semester 1 census date is 31 March. All the scholarships are worth different amounts, and often you can't hold two at once - I would check that though. So, yes, you will receive this amount as cash - and if you want to use it to pay your HECS fees you can.

chamelia

HSC
I do!

As I was reading the scholarship offer letters today, one thing stopped me in my tracks...

"The scholarship... is payable in a lump sum after the semester 1 census date..."

I always thought that scholarships just meant you didn't have to pay for part of your uni fees - but I got the impression from the above statement that I receive the scholarship in cash? Is this true???? o_O

I'm guessing you applied for an equity scholarship? This is usually for people who come from disadvantaged backgrounds in terms of finance (in most cases) and is just a small amount of money to help pay for up front studying costs ie, travel, printing costs, textbooks, notebooks.

The scholarships you are thinking of are rewarded with the university offers and are usually not involved in an application process - are more a reflection of your HSC results.

William kamel

HSC
I do!

ummm mate, I have already started a thread like this :)

emmcyclopedia

HSC
it means you're a massive faggot /v/
quoted for truth
Charming, thanks guys =)

The scholarships you applied for would have set out the details of the payment eg $2000 payable in two instalments after the census date. Basically what they are saying is that the payment wont be made until the Uni is sure that you are enrolled in your subjects and can't withdraw from them; hence the census date (ie the date after which you cannot withdraw). I think the Semester 1 census date is 31 March. All the scholarships are worth different amounts, and often you can't hold two at once - I would check that though. So, yes, you will receive this amount as cash - and if you want to use it to pay your HECS fees you can.
Thank you for explaining that for me, I'd looked it up on the UNCLE web site but your explanation makes things much clearer! Yay =D

I'm guessing you applied for an equity scholarship? This is usually for people who come from disadvantaged backgrounds in terms of finance (in most cases) and is just a small amount of money to help pay for up front studying costs ie, travel, printing costs, textbooks, notebooks.

The scholarships you are thinking of are rewarded with the university offers and are usually not involved in an application process - are more a reflection of your HSC results.
I believe equity scholarships are released on Monday.

My scholarships were both academic scholarships which I didn't apply for - I was automatically entered because my ATAR was over 95, and the other one was given to me by my school.

ummm mate, I have already started a thread like this :)
I'll keep an eye out for it then =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)