Want to get 97.75... Need 95.1 How am I going? (1 Viewer)

appleide

HSC
I have got around these results and rank for my school mark:
Maths Extension 2: 72 (5/9)
Maths Extension 1: 90 (1/20)
English Advanced: 70 (37/75)
Physics: 82 (4/20)** Before trials
Chemistry: 75 (7/17)

And just for comparison, results from Trials:

Maths Extension 2: 60 (4/9)
Maths Extension 1: 85 (1/20)
English Advanced: 66 (39/75)
Physics: 80+? (?/20) (Only half the exam was given back, I got 88%, 1st place so far.)
Chemistry: 60 (3/17)

I might seem to do well... Due to me topping 3 unit and our school apparently appears in Top 50 schools in English Advanced (rank 20 or 30 last year). For the English trials I would have got 75 if I didn't screw up section 2 so bad, (I was testing some 'new formula' for creative writing and it didn't end up too well).

I think I can get these results in the HSC exam if I go the way I am going. (20-30 hours study a week, 100% increase from 3 months ago. I am willing to increase this up to 44 hours a week, even if it means only doing stuff absolutely necessary (eg. eat)):

HSC marks only after scaling. What I think I might get the rate I am going. Tell me if anything is out of touch with reality.
Maths Extension 2: 85-90
Maths Extension 1: 90+
English Advanced: 80+ (Our Head teacher said the average student in our school got 79 last year and 85 the year before. Since I am the 'median' student... I guess I can get 80. I will try get 90 though)
Physics: 85-95
Chemistry: (85-90)

Tell me what I need to do and improve to get 97.75 and also 95.1 UAI. I only take "Yes you can do this by..." as an answer. I want to get into Commerce/Engineering (Software) in either Sydney Uni or UNSW. Besides these two and ANU I can't really find any other university offering it.
Thanks very much!!! ^^

P.S The question I really wanted to ask is: What UAI would I likely to get doing 20-30 hours/week? and What UAI would I likely to get doing 40+hours/week??

merrymadi

HSC
Sorry I'm not able to answer your question, but I'd like to have anyone's advice on this too, because my marks are similar to yours. I've been getting 70s/80s marks in my trials too, and I'm aiming for a UAI of 96.85.

English Adv - 79% (rank 4th)
English Ext 1 - 92% (rank 1st)
Geography - 79% (rank 2nd)
Biology - 75% (rank 5th)
German - 94% (haven't got it back yet, but the exam went really well)
Maths General - 68% (I think, I can't remember. But I'm ranked 9th)

I'm in the top 10 for all my rankings, and all my in class assessments throughout the year have been in the top percentage of the class...I just do badly in exams =/ So I guess I'm also asking, can I still redeem myself and get a UAI over 95?

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
appleide said:
I have got around these results and rank for my school mark:
Maths Extension 2: 72 (5/9)
Maths Extension 1: 90 (1/20)
English Advanced: 70 (37/75)
Physics: 82 (4/20)** Before trials
Chemistry: 75 (7/17)

And just for comparison, results from Trials:

Maths Extension 2: 60 (4/9)
Maths Extension 1: 85 (1/20)
English Advanced: 66 (39/75)
Physics: 80+? (?/20) (Only half the exam was given back, I got 88%, 1st place so far.)
Chemistry: 60 (3/17)

I might seem to do well... Due to me topping 3 unit and our school apparently appears in Top 50 schools in English Advanced (rank 20 or 30 last year). For the English trials I would have got 75 if I didn't screw up section 2 so bad, (I was testing some 'new formula' for creative writing and it didn't end up too well).

I think I can get these results in the HSC exam if I go the way I am going. (20-30 hours study a week, 100% increase from 3 months ago. I am willing to increase this up to 44 hours a week, even if it means only doing stuff absolutely necessary (eg. eat)):

HSC marks only after scaling. What I think I might get the rate I am going. Tell me if anything is out of touch with reality.
Maths Extension 2: 85-90
Maths Extension 1: 90+
English Advanced: 80+ (Our Head teacher said the average student in our school got 79 last year and 85 the year before. Since I am the 'median' student... I guess I can get 80. I will try get 90 though)
Physics: 85-95
Chemistry: (85-90)

Tell me what I need to do and improve to get 97.75 and also 95.1 UAI. I only take "Yes you can do this by..." as an answer. I want to get into Commerce/Engineering (Software) in either Sydney Uni or UNSW. Besides these two and ANU I can't really find any other university offering it.
Thanks very much!!! ^^

P.S The question I really wanted to ask is: What UAI would I likely to get doing 20-30 hours/week? and What UAI would I likely to get doing 40+hours/week??
to simply answer your question, theres no guarentee that youll get a high UAI just by studying more. Maybe itll help you to an extent, but doing 40+ hours a week on top is school is beyond insanity. Youll probably burn yourself out by the time you do your HSC exams.
For me, ill probably do 15-20 hours max...but that doesnt mean i wont get good as marks as you...its just that different people have different study hours which can achieve the same results.

As for the predicted marks, plus those into SAM/JUAI and see what youll get. That looks like itll be close to 95, but for 97.55, youll need to out in the extra amount of effort and get high band 5s and band 6s.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
merrymadi said:
Sorry I'm not able to answer your question, but I'd like to have anyone's advice on this too, because my marks are similar to yours. I've been getting 70s/80s marks in my trials too, and I'm aiming for a UAI of 96.85.

English Adv - 79% (rank 4th)
English Ext 1 - 92% (rank 1st)
Geography - 79% (rank 2nd)
Biology - 75% (rank 5th)
German - 94% (haven't got it back yet, but the exam went really well)
Maths General - 68% (I think, I can't remember. But I'm ranked 9th)

I'm in the top 10 for all my rankings, and all my in class assessments throughout the year have been in the top percentage of the class...I just do badly in exams =/ So I guess I'm also asking, can I still redeem myself and get a UAI over 95?
Youre top 10 in each of your subjects. But how many people are doing each subject?
You can definitely redeem yourself when the HSC comes. Just study as efficiently as you can and dont worry about getting top marks, because that will place extra pressure on you, and youll stress more easily. Looking at those marks, it seems youre pretty competent in each of your subjects, so i dont see why you cant get a UAI of 95.
You wanna get into physio, coz i remember the UAI for physio is around 96.85

beentherdunthat

HSC
merrymadi said:
... =/ So I guess I'm also asking, can I still redeem myself and get a UAI over 95?
lol, DUH you can redeem yourself... two months left... plenty of time!

The question now is will you? ;)

merrymadi

HSC
I'm not sure how many people are left in our year, I think it's about 60.

So:

English Adv - 4/60 (is out of ALL english or just Adv English? I've put whole year there)
English Ext 1 - 1/5
Geography - 2/4
Biology - 5/14
German - (no idea about ranking. I'm the only one in my school)
Maths General - 9/30-ish?

Argh, sorry! Our teachers never give us the details, and we have seperate Maths and English Adv classes, and I don't know how many students are in the others.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
for english, its just adv english...dont mix that up with std since its two completely different courses.
your ranks looks kinda good, so yes i still dont see why you cant get over 95

imraan7860

HSC
im shit scared ill stuff up, my ranks are ok i guess here they are, sum help plz

maths ext 1: 1/9
maths ext 2: 2/5
english: around 16/81 (not sure)
chemistry: 4/15
physics: 1/20
religion: pfffffffffffffffffft wont count :p

thanks

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
your ranks are definitely excellent, so i guess getting an excellent mark for maths ext 1 and phys will reply on how well you ace the externals.
For the others, youll have to hope your cohort does well also, but with that i cant see why you cant get over 90 easy.

Kmara2nv

HSC
bout me :D

2 unit maths is 85 % ranked 3/4
3 unit maths is around 70 % ranked 3/3
adv english is around 67% ranked 3/6
biology is aroudn 80% ranked 3/6
ipt is around 81% ranked 2/6
chemistry is around 90% ranked 1/4

rkn im on the track to a uai of over 80 :D coz thats wat i want

p.s. and i am planning to ace ma HSC exams so plz someones advice :D

MFgrimm

HSC
I think you should all stop being little bitches, trying to confide in other peoples estimates. And the 40 hour + a week guy, its only the hsc not the end of your life, its not going to completely direct the path of your future, just do arts at uni and inbetween your lectures grow a cock.

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hey if anyone has anytime would you be able to have a quick guess at my UAI. My trial marks in certain subjects werent my best but they were my trial marks nonetheless. My rankings are the overall rankings for the course

Eng Adv: 86% 4/127
Ext Eng: 40/50 8/35
Ext 2 Eng: Internal mark of 37/50. Rank: 8/9

Maths Advanced: 66% 51/97
French Beginners: 87% 13/40
Italian Continuers: 88% 12/32
PDHPE: 73% 17/35

Thanks Heaps. I would appreciate any sort of guess at UAI and any subjects I should really try harder in as that will help my UAI the most.

areyouserious

HSC
MFgrimm said:
just do arts at uni and inbetween your lectures grow a cock.
shame we all know that anybody who does arts is a fag anyways

I agree with this dude though, why the hell you ask ppl to verify and sanctify you're anxieties i don't know why!

"hey peeps can you help me out: my dick is this long --------------------
is there any possibility it will ever be this long ----------------------------------------

you have to think of the questions you are asking here mate with the information you provide. 97.75 is pretty specific so is 95.1 . hey maybe you will get 94.99999999999 . now wouldn't that be a bitch

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
40+ hours a week on top of school studies would gain you a ticket to the showers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)