• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Want to be as white as sheet. (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
My skin has a moderate-tan colour and I personally don't like it.
I try to avoid sunlight whenever possible (talk about solariums..) and always wear sunglasses outdoors.

Is there any cosmetic products able to lighten the tone/colour of skin to a major degree (the opposite of fake tan products) ?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Rafe14 said:
Hi, my sister was obsessive with pale skin and now she is as white as a ghost. lol
What she does is wear physical sunscreen everyday, that is to prevent you from getting further tan because even if you want to use a cosmetic product, it be counter productive if you just go outside with no sun protection, you just get darker.
Also exfoliating would be a good idea since it will remove the dead skin cells.
If you are tanned, it takes a really long time to get back to your natural colour that is if your naturally white. If your not then i don't think its possible though.
Unfortunately there are no cosmetic products that will make you 5 or 6 shades lighter, they will just make your face your brighter not dramatically unless you go to your dermatologist and prescribe some powerful whitening cream, wateva.
physical sunscreen ? as in the sunscreen in the form of cream you can purchase from supermarkets?

also ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exfoliant

According to that, I can't be bothered to exfoliate myself mechanically or chemically using their methods, im gonna use fine-grade sandpaper ... rubs off epidermis though ...

Skeeta

HSC
Oi, dont use sandpaper you fucking idiot. Its called a loofa, or a body scrub, or just put sugar or salt in moisturiser and use it when you're in the shower.

And wear sunscreen every single day. You will not get any more tanned this way. Yknow how your arms are heaps darker than your ass? Its because of normal sun exposure.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Skeeta said:
Oi, dont use sandpaper you fucking idiot. Its called a loofa, or a body scrub, or just put sugar or salt in moisturiser and use it when you're in the shower.

And wear sunscreen every single day. You will not get any more tanned this way. Yknow how your arms are heaps darker than your ass? Its because of normal sun exposure.
Oi, save the fucking insults, i dont use a loofa or a body scrub and ive got limited supplies of moisturiser (i think its body wash, i use soap usually to clean myself).
and yes ill put sunscreen to put use, which i should have :(

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Skin bleaching cream.

Thread reminds me of a Nip/Tuck episode.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Use a belt sander.
You could say use a fucking sander in the Industrial Tech classrooms or any coarse-grade abrasive material you cunt, say something that's relevant here.

jb_nc said:
Skin bleaching cream.

Thread reminds me of a Nip/Tuck episode.
From shoot yourself to this ?
I never heard of skin-bleaching.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
f3nr15 said:
From shoot yourself to this ?
I never heard of skin-bleaching.
Uh, yeah it works. Will probably burn the shit out of your skin and you will look like Michael Jackson.

Skeeta

HSC
There is Skin Bleaching/lightening creams, but I'd be wary of the do-them-yourself ones. Especially if you're trying to lighten your entire body and not a spot of hyperpigmentation. Beauty salons do treatments too. They have HEAPS of this stuff in asian countries.

jazzmuzik

HSC
When i went to japan a few years ago, pale, pearly skin was all the rage!
Instead of tanning products there were lots on the market to make your skin paler and smoother. Not sure brand names etc but i know these are available. :)

xtinkx

HSC
Wow This is unusual...i wish i was soooo tanned i wanted to go whiter..wow

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
If you want to look less attractive why don't you just beat yourself in the face a whole bunch of times with a baseball bat or something. It would be a lot easier than going to all this effort to be white.
nothing wrong with being pale :eek:

but i don't know how you'd go about making yourself paler. most people want to go the other way.

Bendent

HSC
pale skin looks really weird. white skin looks nice.

Bendent

HSC
hey fenris, do you want the evonne hsu type of skin? she has really nice skin.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Bendent said:
hey fenris, do you want the evonne hsu type of skin? she has really nice skin.
I googled her and I expected whiter.

Rafe14 said:
f3nr15, Answer to your questions:

1. Physical sunscreen blocks out uva rays which are the one's that make you tan unlike chemical sunscreen your skin will simply absorb the uva rays.
Look out for the ingredient titanium oxide or zinc oxide, they are the ingredients of physical sunscreen. I recommend cancer council's sunscreen range.

2. erm... i didn't expect that sort of answer lol
exfoliators are something that has micro meads or tiny particles in them that gently remove dead skin cells. My sister uses Ginvera marvel gel which exfoliates and whitens your skin because it has anti-oxidents in it.
Yesss ... got the cancer council one ...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
nothing wrong with being pale :eek:

but i don't know how you'd go about making yourself paler. most people want to go the other way.
The bottom line is, I dislike exposure to Ultraviolet Radiation, seeing melanoma on people is worse than seeing the worst shock sites on the internet.

I also prefer pale skin because I'll just look too ordinary.

subjectiv said:
http://www.kose.co.jp/index4.html

The bottom line is, I don't like Ultraviolet radiation, I can't stand it.
Seeing melanoma is worse than seeing the worst shock sites on the internet ... *shivers* ...
I also prefer being pale rather than tan ...

This is good too, apparently. But you have to wear heaps of sunscreen. I agree with bendent, pale skin looks weird. I'm pale lol. :) There's nothing wrong with being tanned.
You once posted a picture of yourself in your avatar, gosh I want white skin like yours ... :(

About the sunscreen, I'll be happy to shell out cash for increased expenditure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)