Wanna start weightlifting to get ripped. (1 Viewer)

ipab

HSC
Hey guys,
My goal is that I want to get bigger but get ripped, not super big like those weightlifters but big enough to be ripped (so basically have defined chest and arms, but actually being able to see my abs).
I've gone gym a couple of weeks before and now cannot access it and have been doing some basic lifting for a couple of weeks.
All that I really have access to is a bench, a barbell and weights.

If anybody can link me to some good pages or give me some suggestion that would be great.

boris

Banned
HSC
you have everything you need except a squat rack pretty much

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
bodybuilding.com forums

simplyshredded.com

don't forget to do your curls bro

ipab

HSC
Thanks for the quick replies haha.
What kind of routine should i do?
I currently "train" Monday, Wednesday and Fri
I just do three different lifts - Bicep Curls, Bench Press, and Triceps Extensions. all 3x10 The same exercises three times a week.
Not really that much but can anybody give me a better routine?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
that's a pretty bad routine in all honesty, because all you're doing are isolated movements and 1 good lift (bench press) and neglecting everything else.

have a look at starting strength and give that a go.
it consists of squats, deadlifts, bench press, cleans (replace with pendlay rows otherwise you have no upper back movement), and overhead press, done 3 times a week (normally mon/wed/fri).
all are done with barbells.
rep range is 3x5 for all lifts, while deadlifts are 1x5. this does not include warming up.
look it up for more info, but this is basically your best bet.
awesome compound movements, including LEGS AND BACK. neglecting legs and back is very silly, plus you'll want to have sexy quads and a sexy back.
squats and deadlifts build core strength and core muscles (including abs). all you'll need to do is to shed the fat afterwards.

My goal is that I want to get bigger but get ripped, not super big like those weightlifters but big enough to be ripped (so basically have defined chest and arms, but actually being able to see my abs).
your goal isn't much, all you need to do is build some muscle and then cut the fat.
while building muscle you will inevitably gain some fat (since you need to eat more calories than your body uses up), which is why people tend to bulk first and cut after.
cutting involves eating less calories than your body uses up.
a weight training routine is still good for shedding fat since your body is still burning energy many hours after a workout.
mix that up with some HIIT (look it up if unsure), watch what you eat, and you'll be set.

general diet for building muscle: high protein, high calories.
general diet for shedding fat: high protein, low calories.

maybe someone else can talk about diet, that's not my strong point.
i just make sure im eating healthy and i try to eat more meat and i have a protein shake every day.

also read this: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=213567

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ehh okay if you dont have access to a gym then go for dumbell squats and dumbell deadlifts.
google them.
a good website is exrx, google any lift or muscle along with 'exrx' to see info on it.

but really you need the equipment or this will be really hard and almost not possible.

ipab

HSC
Thank you so much for the advice, yeh I'm not really doing to impressive at the moment because I wasn't committing as I didn't really know what to do.
Would you recommend bulking and then cutting or just mainly doing strength exercising to get defined muscle?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Thank you so much for the advice, yeh I'm not really doing to impressive at the moment because I wasn't committing as I didn't really know what to do.
Would you recommend bulking and then cutting or just mainly doing strength exercising to get defined muscle?
what's your current height and weight?
either way, bulking then cutting.

also commitment is everything.

ipab

HSC
Height, about 6 foot, or just about 180-183 (Last time i measured was ages ago)
Weight, 70-75kg, depends on if I'm doing proper exercise

ipab

HSC
Also, I do intensive martial arts 1-2 times a week

SoggyBiscuit

HSC
mate if you don't train legs or back don't bother training at all

you'll fuck your posture and look out of proportion.

ipab

HSC
Thats, why I was asking for a proper routine or links where to get started.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
bodybuilding.com
simplyshrededd.com

or, you know

GOOGLE IT, YOU PENK

ipab

HSC
bodybuilding.com
simplyshrededd.com

or, you know

GOOGLE IT, YOU PENK
I Have Googled for a multiple of hours, and with so much abundance of information, i do not know what to trust or where to start.
I want to know from personal experiences that have similar goals to mine as to what they did to achieve them.
And with examples like you providing the basic bodybuilding websites that one first finds when starting to search, followed by a condescending remark does not help at all...

hence "Starting Strength."

have you had a look at it and started it yet?
Yep, definitely, and it helped ALOT! Started to incorporate some more compound exercises like deadlifts and squats but still need some help setting out a proper routine.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
:)

still 2 days a week and no access to a gym or a power cage?
it'll be hard to think up a routine if that's the case...

ipab

HSC
:)

still 2 days a week and no access to a gym or a power cage?
it'll be hard to think up a routine if that's the case...
I can go three days a week, mon,wed,fri, can easily do exercises with own body weight (Pull ups, chin ups, etc) Can use barbell and dumbbells, the only extra things a gym has is treadmills and machines which are shit anyways.
I don't need to go handout I just want a simple routine that will keep me looking good enough and lets me have a muscular tone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)