• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Waivers (1 Viewer)

K.

HSC
Hi All!

I need a waiver for a subject (GEOS267). The requirement is GEOS118 or GEOS114. I need to do GEOS118 at the same time as this unit. Anyyyyyyways, Seeings enrolment is opened now, is there a way get and approve a waiver without going to uni? (if not, I just go to Student Central, get a form, fill it out, get the unit convenor to sign it off and drop it back to SC right??)

The unit isnt until S2, I can leave it off till then?
I only want to get it done asap because without this unit I don't get my cityrail sticker at the beginning of the year.

Thank you muchly!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No you fail K. ^^

(hi from work)

loser101

HSC
K. said:
Hi All!

I need a waiver for a subject (GEOS267). The requirement is GEOS118 or GEOS114. I need to do GEOS118 at the same time as this unit. Anyyyyyyways, Seeings enrolment is opened now, is there a way get and approve a waiver without going to uni? (if not, I just go to Student Central, get a form, fill it out, get the unit convenor to sign it off and drop it back to SC right??)

The unit isnt until S2, I can leave it off till then?
I only want to get it done asap because without this unit I don't get my cityrail sticker at the beginning of the year.

Thank you muchly!
normally exemptions and credits are considered at subject enrollment time. this is at 1st semester or 2nd.

hannahxxx

HSC
I'm in the same boat. The convenor of the course granted me a waiver via email, but I suspect I'm gonna haveta get her signature, and she's on leave till late jan, making it hard for me to get enrollment for my art subjects out of the way. Looking at the form now, it looks like you're gonna have to go in to uni, seeing as u need the division's signature, but you also need to take it back to student central. p.s. cityrail stickers expire around 28 feb i think so u've still got about a month and a half to push the waiver through

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Official process, for all concerned, is:
  1. Fill out application for special approval, available at SES/Student central, or at: http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Forms/USSWaiver.pdf
  2. Take to academic, get it signed
  3. Hand to SES/Student Central
This is outlined fairly comprehensively on the mq website at: http://www.student.mq.edu.au/cgi-bin/external/chooseFAQ2.cgi?menutype=MQnU

This can be done at any time. Waivers only apply for the semester (or at best, the year) you apply for them in: if you need another for the same unit next year (i.e. when waiving a prerequisite for multiple units in multiple years), you'll need to re-apply.

(sorry to be gruff with the response; I work for eStudent support, so I'm paid to answer these sort of questions, but the repetitiveness gets a bit tedious :) )

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
When rob gets back, we'll tell him to sticky some of these :)

X

xeuyrawp

Sif you think you can hide on the other side of the world. =D

Kegs

HSC
Geos267 was so not what i wanted to be doing. I have to take geos322 just cause I didnt want to do it. Gah, stupid geography!

X

xeuyrawp

That's what you get for doing crappy non-history/language units.

Kegs

HSC
yeah but you have to actually study where as I dont and I still pass. But you get D's... perhaps there is some kind of correlation here...

X

xeuyrawp

Kegs said:
But you get D's...
?!

Actually this semester I only got two Ds and one HD. :(

Fucking PhD woman robbed me of an HD... Got like 90% in all the assessments, and then she gave me a credit for my speech, so I got a higher D as a final mark. :D:D:D:D:burn:

Kegs said:
perhaps there is some kind of correlation here...
<3

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Skittled said:
Official process, for all concerned, is:
  1. Fill out application for special approval, available at SES/Student central, or at: http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Forms/USSWaiver.pdf
  2. Take to academic, get it signed
  3. Hand to SES/Student Central
This is outlined fairly comprehensively on the mq website at: http://www.student.mq.edu.au/cgi-bin/external/chooseFAQ2.cgi?menutype=MQnU

This can be done at any time. Waivers only apply for the semester (or at best, the year) you apply for them in: if you need another for the same unit next year (i.e. when waiving a prerequisite for multiple units in multiple years), you'll need to re-apply.

(sorry to be gruff with the response; I work for eStudent support, so I'm paid to answer these sort of questions, but the repetitiveness gets a bit tedious :) )
steve

is there anyway i can get a waiver approved without actually going to uni

I'm working full time in North Sydney, at the moment and don't have time to goto uni and get a subject approved :(

Skittled please help! steve

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
clairegirl said:
is there anyway i can get a waiver approved without actually going to uni
Responded in PM, but for the record..

there's (currently) no administrative requirement for you to be physically present when submitting a waiver. If you can organise it to be done remotely with your department/academic, then you're set. I assume the copy of the form handed into SES requires original signatures, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)