Waivers (1 Viewer)

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Hey guys, i have a question about waivers and prerquistes. I want to do ACST255 next semester, it has the following prerequisites ACST151(P) and ACST200(P) and STAT272(P). I just did ACST200 and STAT272 this semester but i'm pretty certain that I failed ACST200. So i was wondering if i applied for a waiver is there any chance that it would be granted? I mean is the ACST department strict with these matters? (my guess is they probably are)

Btw i got a D in ACST151 and should get at least a Cr in STAT271.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
pretty damn certain that they will make u do 200 again and they won't let u in 255. However, ask Westcott/De Jong/Shepo or whoever is in the department...

EDIT: Of course that is if you do fail. However as said below, you just never know especially with actuarial subjects, i believe they have SNGs for a reason, so the marks are standardised.

I know another friend who is worrying about his final subject ACCG329, the best thing is not to worry until the time comes and enjoy your holidays! I'm kind of worried myself...just like heaps of people

Last edited:

hello2004

First of all, keep your head up. I don't know many people who failed 200 last year.

As for getting the waiver? I'm going to be truthful and tell you that there's no way in hell they'd allow it. Maybe if you got 47-49 with good marks in 272 or something like that. Unfortunately, they wouldn't care about the mark you got in 151.

I hate to sound like a downer so I'll end it like this: Good Luck, I hope you make it.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
even though it sound strict, dont hurt to try yeh?

good luck with it!
im sure you do fine in your exam

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Just scraped though with a pass (52). Feel relived yet crap knowing that i'll have to see Jim Farmer again :( . This means that i'll have to do 15CP in semester1 next year, do i need special approval for that?

Btw, thanks for all your support guys appreciate it.:)

dracover

HSC
yes u do. thing is from memory the acst staff generally needs u to have ur gpd at least around 3.25-3.5 before letting u do this (if anyone remembers year1 it was 3.25 i fink and that was for like a bunch of easy subject e.g. acst101 and econ111)

i dont like ur chances

howeva u can do any of the courses externally through the institute and the uni cant stop u even though u are still ovaloading. and u wont have to pay the exemption fee once u graduate

i thought i did realli well in that test and onli got 70 so i suppose if u didnt think u did well thats as good as is to be expected

Monstar

HSC
hurrah passes for all, im in a similar situation, i got CP for acst101 and i need P for 201. I emailed westcott and he said my final was crappy and my shot at a waiver is slim.

Last edited:

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Westcott says that they look to see if your GPA is above 3.0 and then they give more weighting to your results in 2007. Well luckily my GPA is > 3.0 (for now) but results for 2007 aren't that good so I might do it externally.

Anyone know if there is a way you can join the Institute via the Uni for cheap?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)