• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Waitpersons Unite! (1 Viewer)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there who is a waiter or waitress?

What do you think of your job? Got any juicy stories?

I'm a waitress at a Chinese restaurant in my town...been there for 3 years and am beginning to get over the whole serving people food thing.

I'm paid around 11.50 an hour, I serve alcohol but I don't have my RSA...yet!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i used to be a waiter in a thai restuarant, i was there for four and a half years. i quit in the middle of last year cos i'd been working in fronthouse for almost a year doing all the billing and customer relations and telephone handling and organising the waiter's shifts...basically i was helping to manage the place and i was still getting paid 10 effing dollars an hour.

so one day my boss said "i'm getting you to do an RSA next week" (cos we just got licensed) and i said, "actually, that might not be possible because i'm resigning."

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
i'm a waitress !!

and it sucks. but hey, i need the cash sonehow. and yeah...i'm posted my stories in other thread already. i cbb reposting the same thing so meh...

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
nope...they can wait and get their meals one by one

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i worked in a thai restraunt
i originally wanted to do waitressing
but i was tsuck in the kitchen washing dishes and cuting carrots
haha
it was fun while it lasted tho

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
soha said:
i worked in a thai restraunt
i originally wanted to do waitressing
but i was tsuck in the kitchen washing dishes and cuting carrots
haha
it was fun while it lasted tho
seriously which restaurant (i notice you're local to me)
i worked in one in castle hill

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
we ended up quitting because firstly
she gave us 5 bux an hour..we thought it was just trainee pay(2 get started)
plus the boss was a bitch on wheels

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
that's like illegal, 5 bucks an hour.. it's not even below minimum award, it's just fuckin ridiculous.

ha my boss probably beats your boss in Miss Bitch, she once took me and my friend into a corner of the restaurant and screamed at us for not working hard enough. all the customers were watching with dropped jaws. oh oh and i dropped some deep fried entrees on the floor once and she put them back in the deep fryer and served it again ahahaha

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
well it was cash in the hand so we didnt care
and when i was 14 and started work at woolies i got $5.25
not much of a difference
but yeah...oh this lady was a bitch
her nephew worked there (who is my friend and got me the job)
she would yell at him and make him cry infront of customers
always putting him down
like there was a huge dilemma
we were 15/16...

DopeyB

HSC
johnson said:
oh oh and i dropped some deep fried entrees on the floor once and she put them back in the deep fryer and served it again ahahaha
jesus christ, im never going to a restuarant in castle hill again

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
actually if u drop chips on the floor...and deepfry them again they are perfectly fine
even a piece of meat
the hot oil kills any bacteria
no biggy really
even tho its not a good thing to do at a restraunt
atleast it was deepfriend again

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Yeah i am a waitress... at 17 i am on $10.80 an hour and am the youngest person at my workplace by at least 2-3 years.
I have caught people "getting frisky" in an elevator.
I can carry three main plates or four entree plates and have been waitressing for 2 years.

is a roflcopter
HSC
kingsgrove rsl represent yo

we've had some horror stories with food
we've had maggots and flies and shit in our stuff
typical cheapo asians oh well

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
Just started at a cafe...boss is evil bitch...$12 an hour...cash in hand, very illegal, and i serve alcohol without RSA. Going to quit soon...she is tight and only ever has 1 person on even busy dinner shifts, its not worth it...i know a few people who have only lasted 1/2 shifts it is that bad

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
soha said:
actually if u drop chips on the floor...and deepfry them again they are perfectly fine
even a piece of meat
the hot oil kills any bacteria
no biggy really
even tho its not a good thing to do at a restraunt
atleast it was deepfriend again
yeah, if you like to eat pieces of dirt or carpet fluff then yeah! go for it!

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
OOH YAY I'm a waitress now too!
I have started working in an Italian restaurant. I've only had 2 shifts but I will be getting more as ppl go to uni. They seem a bit lax with bothering getting my TFN and stuff. If I wasn't trying to earn enough to gain Youth Allowance that would be ok but I need to prove I have worked and earnt enough but its hard without them giving me and actual payslip as proof of payment with tax taken out, etc. Its just cash in hand, only $10/hour!! I think it may be below award wages but its only a weekend job so I'm not too concerned, I earn a fair bit in my day job but if this was my only job I would be screwed. But I have heard rumours around town that the current owners are selling the business so that might be why they aren't really bothered, coz it won't be their problem for much longer!

Storytime: On my first shift I was taking two pizzas outside through those heavy plastic curtains that keep the flies out. An old guy was holding them open for me but let go before I was through. They curtains swung and hit one of the pizzas, which went flying from the plate, and was everywhere on the ground!!! I could see it happening in slow motion, you know what is going to happen, but you can't do anything to stop it (also coz I had a pizza in the other hand too), you're just there saying "NOOOOOO!!!!!". Needless to say, the boss wasn't too happy... But then again, if they can afford to give everyone a free pizza at the end of their shift, surely it wasn't too much inconvenience to make another pizza for that guy..
PS. No, I wasn't tempted to scrape the pizza up and serve it to the guy. He saw it all. And plus, all the ham and mushroom fell off and the slices were all separated, it wasn't edible.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
My parents own a pizza shop... it's open really late at night, hence there are a lot of drunk people.... the amount of pizzas we have lost (usually due to drunk people bumping in to us when we are trying to serve) is probably a huge number!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)