Waist Belts (1 Viewer)

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
ive had them for ages noww there like uthin new to me,, i like em cause it suits my style and shows of my waist compared to my abnormaly large hips yet i like them so its ok
i have them in all types but my fav would be the one i stole from my school dramam room [[.... insert evil laugh...] its brown leather on one side and red on the other so i can flip wen ever i want . but all up i have about 7 belts that i mix for waist and hip sbelts or in between

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i think they look good with the right outfit..

i got a polka dot one and the rest i went to lincraft and brought fabric and made my own :|

i usually wear themwhen my outfits look plain.

arrested development
HSC
Waist belts have been popular for ages. I think they're on their way out now, well at least in terms of the "fashionista" crowds.

arrested development
HSC
I like them because they accentuate my small waist; and interesting, detailed ones can really make an outfit look special.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
yeah I know they've been out for awhile lol

Are they only good to wear with flowy tops? or can you wear them with a tight top?
I found a black cheap one...$10 and just bought it thinking I could play around with it when I got home with my wardrobe. I haven't had a chance yet.

HSC
N/A
I think that they're REALLY hot, particularly the big ones.

Unfortunately I can't wear any because I'm extremely short waisted, and it would make me look a bit like an insect (not sexy) as opposed to an hourglass (sexy) :(

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
i have a red one that clips up at the front with 3 bits. okay im crap at describing.
but i love it..cos i never wear nething that shows my waist.
i wear it with nice tops when i go out..
makes it look a lil more exciting
and makes me look thinner!
:)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i generally just use ribbons. normally just on dresses that don't have a bodice and then a skirt. makes them look less like...well...a sack

ediisjoz

HSC
i really like them.. i have a few, but i agree, they need to be with the right outfit to pull them off.

HSC
N/A
kaitie said:
i have a red one that clips up at the front with 3 bits. okay im crap at describing.
but i love it..cos i never wear nething that shows my waist.
i wear it with nice tops when i go out..
makes it look a lil more exciting
and makes me look thinner!
:)
That sounds a lot like the one I would kill to have, if I had the right figure.

I think it's a morrisey belt, it's kind of shaped in a gypsy style? I'm thinking Esmerelda from Notre Dame lol...

arrested development
HSC
I hate that stupid look where people have some fugly woven belt on their waist over a "gypsy style" top... the whole faux-boho thing. *vomit vomit vomit*

I think that waist belts look best over fitted dresses (on me, anyway) - especially (!!!) ones that are fitted at the torso and then have a full-ish skirt! :uhhuh:

Skeeta

HSC
zomigod i am so buying a white belt (or material i can make into a belt) to go with my minnie mouse dress

its a dress up party :uhhuh: the dress is actually hawt :uhhuh:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i live in op shops so was very glad when people began to embrace my long standing love for high belts.

i wear them over dresses or with skirts and high-ish pants.

although i like to think i can pull off shift-style dresses without a cinch-er... a la twiggy.

...so maybe i cant pull it off, but i wear it anyway.

arrested development
HSC
AlleyCat said:
i live in op shops so was very glad when people began to embrace my long standing love for high belts.

i wear them over dresses or with skirts and high-ish pants.

although i like to think i can pull off shift-style dresses without a cinch-er... a la twiggy.

...so maybe i cant pull it off, but i wear it anyway.
oh she's so fabbo! Those earrings! I want to be Twiggy dammit! :(

I, too, like to think that I can pull off the shift dress sans belt... but I might just be kidding myself. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)