waht should i do now? (study) (1 Viewer)

xxPanDa

HSC
i not sure if i should study all my subjects..

i have 11 units.. ext1 maths is my worst.. but suprisingly SAM predicted tat my ext will be counted, and 1u of physics, but it wont be counted if i increase my physcis marks by 2 or 3 marks. should i study for both?
or maybe just do minimum study for ext1? like 3 past papers?

i have fully summarised the dot points on QUANTA to quarks, brief summaries on IDEAs.. and none for the rest. so i have 2/4 chapters summarised for physics
should i continue summariseing?.. theres onli like less then 2 weeks till HSC starts

i have 2/5 chapters summarised for business.. should i continue summariseing?? but i still have physics, IPT..

but then, during the HSC exam periods, i have a WHOLE week to study for IPT
i havnt got any summaries.. do u think i can cover the syllabus points in 7 days?:bomb:
other than that, im ok with 2u maths and eng

help me decide plzz

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well you're leaving a bit late but i guess a little bit of time is better than no time
if you think that maths ext 1 is your worse then dont study for it
youve got the other 10 units to study for which will definitely count towards your UAI....studying maths ext 1, which is i think your worse subject will hinder your study for others, especially when you're nowhere near in completion of writing out notes
i guess the only thing you can do with the limited amount of time left is to study your other 5 subjects, ie english mathematics, bs, ipt and phys
i think you can complete the ipt course in around 4-5 days, so 7 days is more then enough in my experience
i would now for the next week, work on your phys and bs
good luck
hope this helps

gemrism

HSC
Work hard in everything.
Ext 1 maths scales up and if you do poorly in another exam, ext 1 will always be there just incase.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
u do the sme subjects as me! lol

im doing crap in physics, onli done 1 topic summary in business and doing excellent in 2u and decent in 3u. lol

i'm gonna focus on tring to brinig all my subject marks up .. esp english n physics

xxPanDa

HSC
shinji said:
u do the sme subjects as me! lol

im doing crap in physics, onli done 1 topic summary in business and doing excellent in 2u and decent in 3u. lol

i'm gonna focus on tring to brinig all my subject marks up .. esp english n physics
wOAH! u are doin the exact same subjects!! i dunno anyone in my school that does

u planning to summarise the rest of business? phys?

HSC
N/A
What worked for me was to do up a priority list, which took into account what REALLY NEEDED to be done vs which one would be coming first.

I started out by creating a table in word much like a calendar, writing in which days I had exams. Then you look at all the pretty gaps you have. If you have 4-7 days of break before an exam, then guess what - you'll probably save your cramming for then. And so on.

HSC
Yep, Glitterfairy is spot on! Although in theory it might seem logical to not study for what you *think* may be your worst subject, really whose to say that the universe will work in your favour and you end up going better in a subject you never expected to. Or what if they ask you a question in the subject you don't study for that you would have absolutely aced had you of looked at your notes? Work better at being consistent with study, work on your weaknesses and realise your strengths so you know what to put the most time into.

One week for IPT is like cruising :) I had a week for IPT and intended on using that whole week effectively...I bludged for the first 4 days and managed to cram in the entire syllabus in 3 days and got 88 for my exam mark (i did work consistently all the time with ipt in class but). With IPT the syllabus really is the key. Do give the adequate time you need though...starting study for that on day one of that week off would definately be benfitial. Go through and write notes on every dot point in the syllabus...after that do whatever works best for you to remember key bits of information.

Good luck dude :)

xxPanDa

HSC
thanx! i'll defenitatley be leaving IPT to the last 7 days

how many past paper do u would be enough? 2 for each subjecT?
sich i onli have a week left.. tat would be.. 12 past papers in 10 days
but then i need time to study ><

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you gotta do a bit more than 2 for each subject
theres no specified amount, but the more the better

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
xxPanDa said:
thanx! i'll defenitatley be leaving IPT to the last 7 days

how many past paper do u would be enough? 2 for each subjecT?
sich i onli have a week left.. tat would be.. 12 past papers in 10 days
but then i need time to study ><
Try combining your study with past papers. For example, just do the past paper and any question/s you don't know refer to your notes. Once you knock off a few papers, note which syllabus points they've covered, any points that aren't covered make sure you just go over.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
uhawww said:
Try combining your study with past papers. For example, just do the past paper and any question/s you don't know refer to your notes. Once you knock off a few papers, note which syllabus points they've covered, any points that aren't covered make sure you just go over.
yep, thats a brilliant plan of action, it worked wonders for me last year when I did HSC Accelerated Chemistry. or you can also, work on a module, summarise it, highlight ur notes get it all in and try to understand it, then go through all the past papers and pick our the questions just from that module and do all of them.

if you do that module by module of study (this is without looking back to refer to the notes) then you would have covered almost the entire syllabus in the past 5+ years of past papers :)

Good Luck!

xxPanDa

HSC
uhawww said:
wow thats ingenious! aahhah thanx, i try that now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)