Waaaah (1 Viewer)

mufti

HSC
That was so hard!! OH GOD, probably my worst exam for a subject that was my best internally.

Does anyone know how the weighting works with the PIP? and how they work out your internal mark?

Any reassurance.. anyone..

jtime

HSC
Here's my understanding.

External Assessments (PIP and HSC) equate to 50% of your overall mark (*cough* scaling)

And the PIP is worth 30% whilst the HSC exam is 70% of that 50%.

I'm pretty sure i read that somewhere in the syllabus.

HSC
jtime said:
Here's my understanding.

External Assessments (PIP and HSC) equate to 50% of your overall mark (*cough* scaling)

And the PIP is worth 30% whilst the HSC exam is 70% of that 50%.

I'm pretty sure i read that somewhere in the syllabus.

yeh thats rite
so at the end your exam is only worth 35% (kinda lol) of ur UAI assuming ur doing 10units and before scaling
i didn't find it too bad.... accept for there continuity and change that was confusing:confused:

jtime

HSC
noir. said:
PIP = 30%
Exam = 70%

50% of your mark is based on how well YOU went, the other 50% is the mark give to you in accordance to your INTERNAL rank. Of course, aligning happens first [I'm assuming that perhaps a mark of 85 RAW = band 6, though it changes every year], and then moderation happens and this is determined by the std deviation of internal marks, and the gaps between the ranks.

Scaling is what happens to your uai but im guessing you meant aligning, jtime.
Yup, aligning thats the one ^_^

Ugh, continuity and change was quite nasty...the question wasn't that hard...it was just that i wrote 2 pages on Gough Whitlam and The Allende/Pinochet incident in Chile in terms of Power and Authority, instead of on Vietnam. When i realised, well...7 booklets later, i felt like a bad situation had been salvaged ^_^.

joeyann

HSC
yeh, i noe this comes a bit late, but i didn't like the exam either...

maybe if i studied more it would've been better, but alas, i listened to my math teacher and studied 2U instead...

yeh, continuity and change = weird... it was worded strangely and did it mean continuity and changes of power and authority or the continuities and changes that result from actions by institutions of power and authority? :S...

oh, and i could've done so much better in my essays... lol, oh well, its done now... but on reflection, this was my worst exam and it sucks cos it was also my best subject regarding internal assessment... in the wise words of our deputy principal: "Do your best, no regrets"

haha... 'jtime'... sound familiar? oh well, doubt you'll ever read this anyway... i guess here's your chance to beat me... i'll happily hand over the trophy if you get a higher mark... 'if', that is... lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)