Vsu.. (1 Viewer)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
is it going to happen and when? I hope it does 'cos I'm sick of paying GSC when I don't even use the services that it provides.. GSC is like $180/sem or $360/year..

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
it'll happen when you eat your toenails and run around the uni in a monkey suit

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
haha, so it's not gonna happen?

The 'food' they serve in the union building is absolute shit.. I'm so glad I'm paying to get a discount on that shit I don't eat :rolleyes:

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
did you read in the Newcastle herald yesterday - there are plans for the union to have some sort of deal with subway and wests leagues :eek:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
As the posters around uni say, you use the union even if you aren't conscious of it (for example, withdrawing cash from the ATM in Shortland union building)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
As the posters around uni say, you use the union even if you aren't conscious of it (for example, withdrawing cash from the ATM in Shortland union building)
I get charged to do that.

Fuckers.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Once the premises become privately rented I doubt the ATM's are going to disappear.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Switch to a St George student account, no fees, yay!
The only fees I have are from their stinking ATM.

The VSU is such a load of crap for newcastle uni. The food is shit, and over charged. The discount prices should be what the normal prices are. It feels like, instead of benefitting you for being a member, they punish you for not being one.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
commonwealth is the same.. but you have to walk to the bank to use their atm

i meant to quote jess in that.. about the no fees!

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
yeah, I better think about that next time I take a slash in the toilets within the union building... of course, the Uni wouldn't provide any toilets otherwise :rolleyes:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I hope it does happen. It is a waist of money in my case. I am pretty sure I have never benefited from it apart from the very rare times I have bought lunch from the Brennan Room:).

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
yeah same here nothings open when im there, plus i can afford full priced food too

im loaded :D

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I doubt I've spent $180 on food/drink discounts.

nickw...

HSC
N/A
You will still have to pay the general service charge if VSU comes into force. However, the money you pay will no longer be used to fund student services.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
nickw... said:
You will still have to pay the general service charge if VSU comes into force. However, the money you pay will no longer be used to fund student services.
Do you even go to newy uni?

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
i will blow up if i still have to pay it considering it all currently goes to union/nusa/nusport. i argued paying this semester because of cut off union services

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)