Vocab/Tips (1 Viewer)

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Are you expected to know every word prescribed in the Stage 6 Japanese Vocab list for the HSC exam? Did you guys know all of them before the exam, if you did/didn't, how did you go?

Exam/Speaking tips in general...? Help. Stressmegastress.

HSC
well i didn't i got 70. :eek:

lesson here is learn your vocab.

uhm tips ay. everything i didn't do. which was work at it. seriously though, there's a guide to studying japanese stickied, it's really good its everything i didnt/shouldve done.

oh, and stressmegaless :wave:

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

You are expected to know every vocabulary since it is assessable in the HSC exam and all the kanji (if there is one) for it because that too can be assessed. But if you don't know a word you can always use the dictionary, not sure if they still allow it. I knew probably 70% of all the vocabulary, got something decent but it's sometimes really obvious what the word is just from the context of the sentence

T

Testpilot

It's best to know enough so that you don't have to look up every second word. I would concentrate on grammar/structure (e.g. ~ga arimasu etc) if you are time poor. You are allowed a dictionary, so you can look up words, but you are not allowed to take grammar in.

HSC
hahahaha yeah i agree.

learning sentence patterns/grammar was pretty much the only thing i liked doing/i was good at (cbf learning vocab). with my limited vocab skills (less than 50%, no kidding either, no wonder i did so shite lol) my saving grace in all written tasks was the fact that i could string some good sentences together with all the vocab i DID know. so its quite handy!

Shadowulf

HSC
haha yeh, id also say grammar > vocab for written exams
but vocab youre gonna have to know for listening obviously
if you sit there looking through y our dictionary while the tape plays, 1/5 of your exam is gonna be completely screwed

CieL

HSC
Learn the kanji if it's in the course. As dumb as it sounds, it makes you look smart.

And no, I didnt specifically learn the vocab list.. instead, I kept writing stories and using random vocab to help me learn.. ended up with a band6 anyway..

And the open and close colloquial marks and the full stops.. make sure you put them in the right places in the box.. I used to always put them in a random corner cos I'd keep forgetting.. and my teacher used to get so pissed off that I couldnt remember after correcting me for the 100th time..

Speaking tips.. try to remember set phrases that you know you'll use, and can also use in writing exams.. so you know it'll come out fluently.. sound enthusiastic and dont get embarrassed if you make a mistake - everyone will..

ryuuj

HSC
Hey~~~
uhm... for vocab, our teacher gave us a complete list for year11-12... and it's all in categories so...
Personally, I read down once side of the page (Japanese) and as I read it, I think of the english.. yeah :D And DO IT OFTEN!!! You'd be surprised how much you'll retain if you do it daily. Like... you get up, pick up one of the pages with 10-20 words and go down the list. Then before you go to bed, do it again. etc etc.

It's helped me alot :D I never use the dictionary in listening now <3~ And I always finish our papers with 30/45 minutes extra .w.;;;

<3 <3 <3 Good luck!!! :santa:

HSC
ryuuj said:
Hey~~~
uhm... for vocab, our teacher gave us a complete list for year11-12... and it's all in categories so...
Personally, I read down once side of the page (Japanese) and as I read it, I think of the english.. yeah :D And DO IT OFTEN!!! You'd be surprised how much you'll retain if you do it daily. Like... you get up, pick up one of the pages with 10-20 words and go down the list. Then before you go to bed, do it again. etc etc.

It's helped me alot :D I never use the dictionary in listening now <3~ And I always finish our papers with 30/45 minutes extra .w.;;;

<3 <3 <3 Good luck!!! :santa:
the same one everyone gets (or should get)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)