VO2max and anaerobic threshold (1 Viewer)

karinaaaV

HSC
does anyone know the relationship between VO2 max and the anaeorbic threshold?

help would be great :)

HSC
The higher you work near the anaerobic threshold, the more your VO2 max increases?

fattyy

HSC
hi lol

um i think that the higher your anaerobic threshold is, the better your oxygen absorption and use, or in other words your vo2max.

hope that helps!

lisapalmer

HSC
Im searching for the same answer atm! :) So far i found out that the higher u work near ur anaerobic threshold the higher ur V02 Max! yehh i need much more detail so good luck! :)

Tallyy

HSC
N/A
I thought it was that the more intensely one worked (in other words, the more one worked past their anaerobic threshold), the higher one's VO2 Max became? Training increases VO2 Max, even in an 8-12 week period. A 15 - 20% increased in oxygen uptake is typical for the average inactive person who works in their anaerobic threshold (70-100% of the MHR) for 20-30mins + for 3-5 times a week. This is roughly an icrease of 35-42ml of oxygen/kg of body weight/min

gifted:)

HSC
Firstly, VO2 refers to oxygen uptake, so VO2 max is maximal oxygen uptake. the anaerobic the threshold occurs when a level of training is reached which is near the body's limit of oxygen and cannot be kept up for long. so i guess, when you reach your anaerobic threshold you begin to use your VO2 max. correct me if im wrong :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)