Oh dear...

You gotta love ext 2

Viva Voce's, crazy teachers!!

I'm having issues with one of the hmm 6 otha ppl in my class :p

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
okay, what i would do is write down each question at the top of a page in your journal... leave a page or two for writing... and write down ideas about what the questions asking, ie for the second one, write in dot points how you've used your journal and how it's helped the process... it's better to have the ideas there in front of you during the vv, but be able to transition smoothly from one idea to another, because if yours is anything like mine, you won't get asked exactly those questions, but some questions will lead to information that you wrote down as answers for the prep questions... does that make sense?
lol, I'm writing down the questions, then answering them on a page, THEN i'll write down the ideas into the journal.

Thing is, I'm stuck on the second question. I mean, wtf, I'm doing short stories, I DIDN'T use my journal to monitor, document and reflect on my investigation and process.

-.-"

so what, do I make crap up? lol
I just used my journal to write down what I was doing, any ideas I had, what i'd researched, justify'ing characters, etc.

o_O

any ideas? lol

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
justification of characters is kinda reflecting on y u did wot u did and you write all ur ideas in ur journal to document and monitor/keep track of your story/ideas....???

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
fuck, i've barely used my journal to do any of that and i'm doing crit! for investigation, talk about the stories you read to investigate form etc. in the end, it's all bullshit.

that said... i got 20/20. ohhh yeah.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Originally posted by sickwithlove
justification of characters is kinda reflecting on y u did wot u did and you write all ur ideas in ur journal to document and monitor/keep track of your story/ideas....???
Thats what I figured out too. ;)
:D
lol, so much bs, this is.
fuck, i've barely used my journal to do any of that and i'm doing crit! for investigation, talk about the stories you read to investigate form etc. in the end, it's all bullshit.

that said... i got 20/20. ohhh yeah.
heehee, will do.
and well done! :)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
19/20 for Viva Voce

:)

final rank: 5/28ish.
I might, maaayybe, might climb up a rank, maybe two. Depends on how others went etc. Ah well, I'll do well in externals. ^_^

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by whiterabbit
16/20

would you believe it?

because i paused and said 'um' (i wasn't sophisticated enough)

i really doubt you lost 4 marks just for that. one, maybe. the other 3 would be for other reasons.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
:confused:
I said um quite a bit.

That doesn't make your interview unsophisticated.

anyway, they don't judge how you speak, do they? they're supposed to judge your process.
or thats what I thought.

lol

articia

i have my second viva in about a week. im stressing something fierce because i only scored 8/10 on my first one. i got marked down because i got nervous and it made me sound unsophisticated in parts.
i thought it was supposed to be based on the process as well, but my occassionaly umming was my teachers explanation of what i did wrong. theyre not even giving us the questions this time, so im bound to ummm.

losing 2 marks in my first viva was enough to drop my ranking to 15 out of 45, i dont want to think about whats going to happen after this one.

HSC
i really doubt you lost 4 marks just for that. one, maybe. the other 3 would be for other reasons.
nah lost 1 mark
other 3 marks were for not clarifying my choice of language forms...

but still...! took me to B range! ><

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Reading all this makes me happy in a sense. When all the marks are moderated, it will be all good. It looks like heaps of people from other schools are getting full marks in vivas etc. Our teacher doesn't believe in full marks, and the person coming first is on about 44/50.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
How can they "not believe" in full marks? If you fulfill all the requirements in the outcomes for full marks, you should get full marks. S/he's marking you unfairly in that case.

HSC
How can they "not believe" in full marks? If you fulfill all the requirements in the outcomes for full marks, you should get full marks. S/he's marking you unfairly in that case.
there are levels of how well you meet the criteria... different teachers have different expectations of words like 'rigorous' and 'understanding'...

my teacher doesn't believe in full marks either, unless she finds a friggin genius... we had half of last year's students getting 50/50, and the average internal assessment mark was something like 35/50...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yes, but then obviously they're not following standards based referencing properly. oh well, if you all do that well in externals, they should align your marks accordingly anyhow. at least that's my understanding of how it works.

life4_rent

i did ok - 17/20 - my marks are getting better each time, tho im pulling a 75% average which im NOT HAPPY ABOUT!! grr..

do you guys do TWO viva voices? our school does two, one in term 1, and one in term 2, plus the report and proposal.. both of our vivas are worth 20% each, our report was worth 40%..

with us, we just stand there talking abt our major work (refer to criteria) and if teachers need ne verification, then they ask. except our teachers never ask questions, they just nod, write notes, and say "ok, thanks.. can u call the other person in?"

lol.. this poor guy keeps getting 19.5/20 for every ext2 assessment.. ie. viva's 1 and 2, and proposal.. is that an indication of NEVER GETTING 100% FOR ENGLISH?? lol.. =)

-maggie xox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)